Fuming with sienna x so-called rapid tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think its one of those you either love it or hate it i love organics illusion yet i hated aviva but so many people love it its like everything can i ask see the sienna x i was going to get a sample but they wanted 12pounds for the try me size with organics it was free xx

ok...... Silly me, I have a lovely color, but i feel a bit annoyed as i was under the impression that you would be dark in 2-4 hours lol!

So i take back that statement, but it was still developing until about 2 today!? Strange but a lovely color! Whoops and sorry about the moan :)

hahahha dont worry when i put the organics on i put soap on and didnt notice cos i was in a rush but i was all patchy and when i say patchy i mean streaks lines the lot whenever a client books in for it i alway explain the concept
well at least you dont need to worry bout your party now lol xx

Because I'm used to Aviva Express continuing to develop after the colour guide has been showered off, I too suspected this to be the case with you and am so glad it was!

Last week I ordered the 250ml try-me size of Sienna-X's Tonight's The Night, just to try it for myself to see if it's any better than Aviva Express (it's certainly cheaper). During the phone call with Sienna-X (bearing in mind my experience with Aviva Express and having read this thread), I asked "so does this tan continue to develop after the colour guide is washed off" and the reply was most definitely "Oh no, your desired tan will be fully developed whenever you wash it off, whether you choose 2, 3 or 4 hours". Oh, I said, with Aviva Express it continues to develop and again she said No, Tonight's The Night is not like that.

I'm trialling it on a couple of clients next week - thankfully they know Aviva Express quite well so will be comfortable with the "continues to develop" process, and I'm really hoping it works out as well as the reviews I've read.

xx

www.sunspraymobiletanning.co.uk

Hey Munchkinmoo

For what it's worth the advert states that the tan WILL develop between 2 - 4 hours so that's what should have happened. However, I do think it's slightly misleading when the advert states:

"Be beautifully bronzed in just two hours... tonight's the night to look amazing!"

So maybe you have a faulty bottle and should take it up with Sienna??

ps. I'm not slating sienna X, as I use their products myself but it does bug me a bit if it doesn't do what it says on the tin!

Be interesting to see other peoples thoughts on this product and whether or not a tan does develop in just 2 hours.

Poll anyone?!!! :)

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,

Just called them. They said no one had called and reported this happening??! They said that it should be developed in 2-4 hours. After a little complaining on my part they said they'd refund me for my sample that I'd paid for. But this was after two calls.

Shame that this happened as i wanted to change over from Xen-tan as i find this a bit light for some people. But will stick with it for the time being!

And a poll would be a fab idea! :hug:

Glad you got the result you wanted, it's not often many people admit to faulty batches and product not working, can you imagine the fallout from that :eek:

It does sound like a great product though and if I had any bloomin regular spray tan clients I'd be buying it myself... Hmmmm maybe I should give it whirl as a way of increasing business...

Oooh poll definitely needed, now if only I could work out how to set one up?!?!?!

:)

The Sienna X ‘Tonight’s the Night’ tan has been specifically designed to allow clients to benefit from an ‘express tan’ that they can enjoy that evening. We recommend that those who have light to medium skin should leave the tan on for at least 2 hours, and those with medium to olive skin tones should leave the tan on between 2 and 4 hours.

This is an express last minute tan, it will not give you the same deep, long lasting effect of one of the Sienna X signature solutions that has to be left on for 8 hours or more, but it will give you a sun-kissed glow in a short amount of time. The results will depend on how well you tan in the sun... if you are very pale and burn very quickly then you will get a much lesser glow than someone who tans really well.

Tonight’s the Night has been tested extensively by Sienna X, left on for two, three and four hours and has also been tested on different skins types to ensure that we were entirely happy with the product.

As you can see there are a great deal of positive comments (thank you) on this forum, the Sienna X ‘Tonight’s the Night’ tan has sold many hundreds in the very short time it’s been out and that many of our customers have reported back fantastic feedback.

We would encourage anyone who has any questions, to contact us directly before posting any comments, as we take our customer feedback very seriously. Our extremely experienced, knowledgeable (many of whom spray tan themselves), technical support team are always available to help and can talk you through pre and post tan treatment and explain how different tans work on certain skins types, as well as marketing and spray tan money saving ideas.

As with any beauty treatments, there will be a few clients who will not get the desired effect they expected. In this rare instance we would recommend that you offer a spray tan fitting service, where over the course of a few weeks they can try different Sienna X strengths (with your advice) and find the right Sienna X solution that suits their skin type and that they love.

N.B The vast majority of skin types will suit the Sienna X solution recommended in your “Which Sienna X Solution should I use?” Fact Sheet.
If you would like a copy please call 01905 27070 and we’ll email it to you.

Thanks again for the positive comments...

Rachel Realf, Marketing Manager,
on behalf of Nicky Matthews, Sienna X CEO and Founder.

“Official Tanning Supplier to the Strictly Come Dancing Tour”

Thanks Rachel for clarifying how the rapid tan works, I've just rang Sienna X to get a copy of the fact sheet.

Think I'll order a sample on Monday and give it a whirl, maybe it will entice new customers who are looking for a last minute tan.

Hi Rachel,

I did ask all my questions before i even bought my sample. I do appreciate your comments, however i do also believe i had the right to post on here to ask for other professionals opinons.

I would have loved for it to work but it clearly didn't and i had the same reaction with a friend who i sprayed with the soultion this week. It may just be a faulty sample.....but i was not even asked if i wanted another free sample to re-spray, which would have been a nice touch.

Such a shame beacuse i would have loved to open an account and only use Sienna x.

Hi Rachel,

I did ask all my questions before i even bought my sample. I do appreciate your comments, however i do also believe i had the right to post on here to ask for other professionals opinons.

I would have loved for it to work but it clearly didn't and i had the same reaction with a friend who i sprayed with the soultion this week. It may just be a faulty sample.....but i was not even asked if i wanted another free sample to re-spray, which would have been a nice touch.

Such a shame beacuse i would have loved to open an account and only use Sienna x.

I thought that was exactly what this forum was for? Seeing as your not the only one saying this its not like your on a Sienna X vendetta!

Hi Rachel,

I have had exactly the same issues as you and so have a few of my clients.
I am disappointed as, in my eyes I have advertised a product to my clients that does not do what it claims to! The colour goes on to delvelop after you have washed it off! So how can I advertise this as a last min tan?
If I had known this then I wouldn't be so annoyed.

It is such a shame hun as up until now I have been 100% happy with Sienna. Their other solutions are fab and their customer service is second to none.
So don't let this rapid tan put you off! :hug: x

Can i just ask those of you that use Sienna, have you tried washing the 16% off after a couple of hours?
If the colour of the rapid tan isn't as dark as a regular tan then wouldn't you get the same result by washing a higher percentage solution off after 2 hours?
It would be quite interesting if someone could tan one leg with the rapid tan and the other leg with 16% and then wash them off at the same time and see what the difference is.
With the solution that i use, i can wash a 16% off after 2 or 3 hours and i still get a tan.
I really don't get how these rapid tans work. I've always thought it's a sham so if someone could do that experiment then it would be interesting to know the results.

hiya iv heard a few people suggesting this and thats what im going to do 2moro i have la disco 16% and my organics illusion rapid tan im going to try that out lol il report back later on 2moro lol x

Well it would need to be done with the same brand preferably. My solution doesn't have a rapid tan, else i'd do it myself.
The Disco is an 18% anyway.
Let us know how you get on anyway but if anyone could do it with Sienna or another brand that has a rapid tan that would be great!

sorry i meant to write 18 i dont think it would matter if its a different brand the point would be are these rapid tans a con and would using a higher % get the same results so im going to try and see il report back later lol

I have to say that rapid tans do not do what they say on the tin..i tried the aviva tan, not only did it cost an arm & a leg but i was told "shower after 2, 3 or 4 hrs pending the depth of colour that needs to be achieved...I had clients the first week I got it who i had been ranting & raving to about it...2 sister were going to a party the night they got sprayed, they came in after work thinking that by the time the 4 hours was up they were goign to be beautifully tanned as per usual but NO not the case, so instead i got abuse over it at 10pm on a friday night....

so my thinking on it is, id rather spend an extra 3-4 hours waitig for the tan to develop than have to go thru the rigmarole of telling clients u can shower after a few hrs but ur tan wont actually be there for the ususal 8 (i think it really only applies to people who dont like getting tans on their bed sheets etc, but hey who does, its part of the process)

Anyway goign to get samples of a new tan this week that ive seen in the irish beauty mag & in a few good magazines in ireland so will keep u posted on how i get on, but from what ive read seems good, organic & has some signature ingredients like argan oil which ive used in my hair and is a brill conditioner...

Sorry for the rant :) Mel

hiya oh god i bought the aviva and yes was really expensive and i left it on for 2 hours and nothing then tanned my niece she left it on overnight because she fell asleep and the next morning you could hardly see anything but iv used vani t velocity and organics illusion and it really does work xx

Im totally lost with it all myself personally.

I love love love Organics solutions and always sing their praises, the 10% is the best thing to come into my life beauty product wise :)

However im so sad and disappointed with the Illusion tan, especially when i got very excited over it and it is more expensive than all the others in the range.

Ive tried it 3 times now, one example, regular client had fairly pale skin but still washed it off after 3 hours. All the tan/guide colour came off and the following day nothing had happened she was still the same as when she came in. It has happened twice again. Im so lost, why is this happening??!!!

I again was under the impression you could have it done at dinner time and it be 'rapid' and ready to go for a night out that night.

Even though i have discovered this is now not the case, the tan is still not developing at all after the initial wash off, obviously no soap/shower gel etc been used and all usual prep has been done.

:cry:

Im totally lost with it all myself personally.

I love love love Organics solutions and always sing their praises, the 10% is the best thing to come into my life beauty product wise :)

However im so sad and disappointed with the Illusion tan, especially when i got very excited over it and it is more expensive than all the others in the range.

Ive tried it 3 times now, one example, regular client had fairly pale skin but still washed it off after 3 hours. All the tan/guide colour came off and the following day nothing had happened she was still the same as when she came in. It has happened twice again. Im so lost, why is this happening??!!!

I again was under the impression you could have it done at dinner time and it be 'rapid' and ready to go for a night out that night.

Even though i have discovered this is now not the case, the tan is still not developing at all after the initial wash off, obviously no soap/shower gel etc been used and all usual prep has been done.

:cry:

Hey hun,

Thats unfortunate you havn't had the desired results with the organics illusion. I personally love the illusion and now always have that over my usual 8% and neither myself or clients have ever found it didn't develop at all. Although some people did take longer than others for the colour to show.

If you say all the usual prep and aftercare were followed then i can only suggest you give wow factor a call and let them know.

HTH

xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back