Fungal infection in nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trusty754

Reaction score
I think I have developed a fungal infection in my thumb nail, it is looking a bit green and is a bit tender in just one corner, firstly how do i treat it and what would have caused it.

I think I have developed a fungal infection in my thumb nail, it is looking a bit green and is a bit tender in just one corner, firstly how do i treat it and what would have caused it.

If what you haveis the calssic 'greenie' then:

The good news is .. it is not a fungal infection.

The other good news is .. it is not difficult to clear up this very simple bacterial infection.

The cause .. water or moisture has leaked in under your nail enhancement (through a small crack or a bit of lifted material (how long since your last rebalance?)

The cure ... remove the enhancement. Clean the nail well with your nail cleanser (ScrubFresh is best). Let Dry thoroughly and reapply a new enhancement.

Your nail may still be stained green but the infection will be totally gone as the bacteria cannot live and multiply when the conditions are dry. The stain may have to grow out.

If you feel this is not a classic greenie and it looks a bit pussy or very sore then you may have a different type of infection. Fungus is rarely seen on fingers.

Better visit GP to make sure what kind of infection it is.
If it's small fungal infection sometimes it's enough to buy cream but if it's doesn't work you should take antibiotic.
Better don't wait with visit till infection is not too big

You would know about it if it was a fungal infection. It sounds bacterial to me.

I have developed a fungal infection on one of my toenails, trust me its vile, not just the discolouration, but your whole nail thickens and is tender to touch.

If it is fungal your doctor may prescribe a nail paint which you have to keep putting on until it grows out.

Sounds bacterial to me, but if you are unsure, get it checked.

Bacterial is always a shade of green in colour.

Latest posts

Back