Funny names

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyyummymummy

Reaction score
Just noticed I picked up some stuff from aldi & their sanitary range is called florette just like the salad. For some reason this made me giggle.

What funny names have you come across? I once worked at bt and a guy rang up and I kid you not his name was Mr W Anker!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had once quoted a guy for car insurance and his name was Mr Rudolph. It was also Christmas time!

I've had a Mr Cummings and Miss Rimmer call in about their policy.

I've come across so many and it's so difficult not too giggle! X

We used to have guests in the restaurant where I worked called w a nker. Obviously the swiss version. I used to hate having to deal with him. My ex is together with someone called Happy (swiss equiv too)

And whenever we were on the train to the airport, my OH would laugh at the football stadium called W ankdorf.

I know a girl called Santa ;)

And also saw something in the shops the other day, but cannot remember what. It'll come back to me.

I had a client called Mrs King, it took a few appointments for her to tell me her first name was Jo, said she used to have a nightmare because of it! And I know a Robert Roberts xx

Just seen this on my FB news feed, made me giggle

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407358940930.jpg
    1407358940930.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 228
Im on holiday in Greece and we passed a café yesterday called 'Hot Doggie Style' xD

All The scottish geeks will get this.... I was sitting with the kids one morning eating our cereal. They had coco pops I think and they had left the box out... My mouth fell open and I spilt my breakfast on the table when I read all these fictional characters of coco pop land (the stories illustrating who's who)

Well one of these characters was called 'captain big baws'

Honestly... I've never been so shocked in all my life lol!!!!! Awkward when the kids asked me what I was laughing at lol

When I was a child, An animated cartoon called Captain Pugwash had 2 charactors, Master Bates, and Captain Seaman Stains. Total uproar when they really released it and banned the names lol

When I was a child, An animated cartoon called Captain Pugwash had 2 charactors, Master Bates, and Captain Seaman Stains. Total uproar when they really released it and banned the names lol

Wow captain pugwash! I miss that programme!!

I will probs get told off but I love this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407361360.959330.jpg

Sent from the catphone

All The scottish geeks will get this.... I was sitting with the kids one morning eating our cereal. They had coco pops I think and they had left the box out... My mouth fell open and I spilt my breakfast on the table when I read all these fictional characters of coco pop land (the stories illustrating who's who)

Well one of these characters was called 'captain big baws'

Honestly... I've never been so shocked in all my life lol!!!!! Awkward when the kids asked me what I was laughing at lol

I don't get it :confused:

Sadly this is an urban legend... Te newspaper that span this story was successfully sued by captain pugwash' creator.... Sorry to burst your bubble ;)

Sadly this is an urban legend... Te newspaper that span this story was successfully sued by captain pugwash' creator.... Sorry to burst your bubble ;)

This is a bit like spongebob.... He lives in bikini bottom & there's a Krusty crab there too! 😂😂 tickles me x

HairBy Amanda

Really! Snopes is an amusing site and Pirates don't exist either do they.

Last edited:

I'm confused!
Are you saying these characters didn't exist? From what I remember a 'pugwash' was interpreted as a sexual act as well.

I certainly remember all the other characters and my mother being appalled.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Go on you tube, episode 1... Clearly states,... Find me the ships dictionary Master Bates...

Not forgetting Roger, the cabin boy...you only need to YouTube early episodes and watch them!

Vicki, my mother was not amused either, I didn't see the problem as a small child in the 70's

Last edited:
This is a bit like spongebob.... He lives in bikini bottom & there's a Krusty crab there too! 😂😂 tickles me x

HairBy Amanda

Eeesh didn't think of that 😳xx

Me and my friend have a thing about lidl and all the funny names so here goes a few off the too of my head
Cien their toiletry range
Formil their washing powder range
Wellness flakes is their Special K
Coshida is their cat food
Free way cloudy is their cloudy lemonade
It's probably just because we are unfamiliar with their names and the German to English translation but it still make me laugh x

Latest posts

Back