Fusion bonds won't budge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlottez1994

Reaction score
Hey guys
So basically I applied some fusion bonds into a friends hair, Long story short I couldn't get them out. They were like rocks. So solid, couldn't crush them at all and no matter how much I soaked them they wouldn't budge. Luckily as she was a friend so we used an alternative, but wouldn't dream of doing that to someone else.
But I used the same suppliers hair on another client and now I'm bricking it because I know they aren't coming out! Please give me some advice!
Im worried that they weren't even keratin and I can't remember what supplier I used!
This is when I was brand spanking newly qualified
I'm freaking out!
Please don't judge
Many thanks

Last edited:
What did you use to soak them? X

Hi It sounds like they are Italian keratin and you are using acetone to remove them which it wont.
Italian keratin is designed to stay strong for the life of the fitting and not break down hence the trouble removing them.
For this reason removal is slightly different to standard keratin.
keratin bonds are removed by cracking the bond, applying an acetone solution then using your pliers to continually crack the bond and break it down until all hair comes away.

As I said Italian keratin bonds don't break down, you still start the removal process by cracking/ruffing up the bond slightly to help the solution to get in. then apply an alcohol based solution to the bond wait 1-5 minutes for the solution to soak in (usually while you are applying to the rest of the row) then apply more solution and use your pliers to work the bond free.(you may need to repeat the process on stubborn bonds) You wont see the bond break down instead it will release the natural hair and slide out of the hair usually pretty much intact.
I hope this helps. x

Try our remover solution, it really does work on the toughest bonds.

Latest posts

Back