Fussy people!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel79

Kellyf
Reaction score
On tues I sprayed someone for the 2nd time as she was very pleased with the first tan she had and had a text today to say it was not so good this time! I was just getting more confident as I've been doing a lot of friends who have been really pleased! It just really wound me up how it was so great last time yet not so great this time! Personally I think she's after a freebie! Sorry for the rant!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know the reason why it wasn't as good?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

She said patchy! I've asked her to come round so I can see for myself. They are really fussy people I cut their hair too and their enough to drive you mad! Im not convinced it's patchy though as I never done anything different to last time!

Wait until she comes to have a look, if it is then it could be anything... if not then stick to your guns. Fussy clients are annoying

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

She text me weds to say how lovely and even it was so if it was patchy it would if been then after she washed it off surely?

There is not a lot you can do or say until you actually see the problem. x

She had been washing with a flannel although I did tell her not to use anything.

She had been washing with a flannel although I did tell her not to use anything.
My clients wash 'as normal', I use a pouffe thingy, I can't see a flannel making it patchy, how else could she wash? :)

She had the tan Tuesday, messaged you Wednesday and said everything was fine, then yesterday Friday is complaining it is going patchy ? The tan was applied 3/4 days ago, no problem with application , as it was good the following day, so it is either poor after care, or not a very good quality tan. What brand and % did you spray her with, and what were her expectations , there is no point having a spray tan on Tuesday ready for the weekend , it is going to start to wear off. Which is probably what is happening here but without seeing her it is hard to advise. As for washing there is no harm in using a flannel etc, as long as they don't scrub the life out of their skin, and moisturize well after wards. x

She said patchy! I've asked her to come round so I can see for myself. They are really fussy people I cut their hair too and their enough to drive you mad! Im not convinced it's patchy though as I never done anything different to last time!

I am a fussy client.

I have expectations for what my money is going to buy me.

In turn I make my clients fussy .. I want them to examine their brows/tan/nails etc and make sure they are happy.

They don't drive me mad - they pay my mortgage.

If she's not happy that does not mean she's a chancer. Maybe she's just not happy - if you can change that then all is good.

If she does turn out to be someone trying to get something for nothing then you don't keep her as a client.

You cannot judge your success on how happy your friends are with what you do unless they are full-paying clients.

I hope it all ends well for both of you.

Peace and respect xx

She had the tan Tuesday, messaged you Wednesday and said everything was fine, then yesterday Friday is complaining it is going patchy ? The tan was applied 3/4 days ago, no problem with application , as it was good the following day, so it is either poor after care, or not a very good quality tan. What brand and % did you spray her with, and what were her expectations , there is no point having a spray tan on Tuesday ready for the weekend , it is going to start to wear off. Which is probably what is happening here but without seeing her it is hard to advise. As for washing there is no harm in using a flannel etc, as long as they don't scrub the life out of their skin, and moisturize well after wards. x

I think that was the problem that it had started to wear off, when I asked to see where the patches were she said well there's not really any patches! She wasn't expecting me to check I don't think.. I used fresh indulgence 11%. Also she said she scrubbed with a flannel maybe a bit too hard

I am a fussy client.

I have expectations for what my money is going to buy me.

In turn I make my clients fussy .. I want them to examine their brows/tan/nails etc and make sure they are happy.

They don't drive me mad - they pay my mortgage.

If she's not happy that does not mean she's a chancer. Maybe she's just not happy - if you can change that then all is good.

If she does turn out to be someone trying to get something for nothing then you don't keep her as a client.

You cannot judge your success on how happy your friends are with what you do unless they are full-paying clients.

I hope it all ends well for both of you.

Peace and respect xx

Yes I agree with that and everyone has the right to be fussy and I do appreciate them and the fact they pay my wages but some do try it on as I've come across people in the past who are never happy! With everything I do I check over and over that it's perfect to the point I can't do anymore but you can't please everyone I guess.

I've found that when a client is coming to you for the first time for a tan, they follow the pre guide. Once they've had their first tan then come back for a second and they don't bother to do any prep at all! I have mentioned this to clients after they've mentioned it hasn't stayed as long as the first time! This seems to make sense!

I've found that when a client is coming to you for the first time for a tan, they follow the pre guide. Once they've had their first tan then come back for a second and they don't bother to do any prep at all! I have mentioned this to clients after they've mentioned it hasn't stayed as long as the first time! This seems to make sense!

Completely agree with this. I also think that new customers who have had previous tans elsewhere think they know it all and don't need to read the prep advice I provide on my website. Then I get to their house and find they haven't exfoliated and they say "oh I've never had to do that before!" Grrrrrrr!!!! I recommend you read the prep info for a reason!

I don't know what this particular person was playing at, I have found that sometimes in the past a tan comes out slightly different or it has "patches" and when you dig deeper and actually ask them to send photos or to see it then they suddenly change and think it's not actually that bad! I never know if this is because they realise it was they're fault (bad prep or aftercare) or if they were trying it on. If she says there aren't actually any patches and admitted she may have scrubbed too hard with a flannel I wouldn't worry at all. I tell me clients not to scrub with anything whilst they have their tan x

Maybe you just didn't do as good as you thought and she is rightfully pointing this out.
I get my hair cut frequently and sometimes its not quite blended right, it happens.
No reason or need to get wound up by this, just accept the critisism and move on.

I did a tan for a lady a few weeks ago, it was perfect when she was leaving and she was happy. A week later she messages to say she's not happy and its patchy. She said she knows it can go patchy and dirty when it's wearing off but it was patchy from the first day. (Don't knwk why she waited a week to contact me if it was so bad from day one). I replied that I was sorry she wasn't happy and we'd never had a complaint about our tan before, if she could pop in for me to have a look at the patches etc and we can try to figure out why it went patchy. She never replied.

I don't know if she didn't wash it off properly or if she didn't follow prep or aftercare. Or if it just went patchy after a week.
I think she was expecting a free tan or something, why else would she message and then not reply when I asked her to show me them.

I did a tan for a lady a few weeks ago, it was perfect when she was leaving and she was happy. A week later she messages to say she's not happy and its patchy. She said she knows it can go patchy and dirty when it's wearing off but it was patchy from the first day. (Don't knwk why she waited a week to contact me if it was so bad from day one). I replied that I was sorry she wasn't happy and we'd never had a complaint about our tan before, if she could pop in for me to have a look at the patches etc and we can try to figure out why it went patchy. She never replied.

I don't know if she didn't wash it off properly or if she didn't follow prep or aftercare. Or if it just went patchy after a week.

I think she was expecting a free tan or something, why else would she message and then not reply when I asked her to show me them.

Exactly! If it was patchy she would of showed you... If they want a free tan cos their skint just ask and I'd do it but don't say it's patchy to get one 😂

Latest posts

Back