Future mobile hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great advice! Have a 12 year old niece that loves money (!) she would help me deliver flyers.

Love the website queendiva, really nice.

There is a lot of money in my area (not round my house) so need to price accordingly. How would you suggest pricing? I've looked on nearby websites but you just never know how good they are so don't want to be using a newly qualified price as my bench mark!!

Thanks Owl.

I think it looks more professional to not put pricing on i have a basic price breakdown in my head and i put offers on all the time, When people call you can usually tell when there speak if they have money or not.

i like to cater for all people at top end and clients on budgets its best to keep them and drop it down a little then loose them to someone else.

Ile always start with my highest price over the phone then if they are not happy with that then we can negotiate it saves you loosing a client over a tenner or what ever. So if you dont display your pricing you are your own judge of character its like sales.

Record cards are handy for this if your charging different rates in different areas you need to keep track of whos paying what.

theres nothing worse then given a client a price over the phone to find you got to the house and she had 3 x amount of hair and said she only wanted a trim you take of 6 inchs then have to blow dry it and you ve quoted her same as a trim on fine hair.

Thanks Owl.

I think it looks more professional to not put pricing on i have a basic price breakdown in my head and i put offers on all the time, When people call you can usually tell when there speak if they have money or not.

i like to cater for all people at top end and clients on budgets its best to keep them and drop it down a little then loose them to someone else.

Ile always start with my highest price over the phone then if they are not happy with that then we can negotiate it saves you loosing a client over a tenner or what ever. So if you dont display your pricing you are your own judge of character its like sales.

Record cards are handy for this if your charging different rates in different areas you need to keep track of whos paying what.

theres nothing worse then given a client a price over the phone to find you got to the house and she had 3 x amount of hair and said she only wanted a trim you take of 6 inchs then have to blow dry it and you ve quoted her same as a trim on fine hair.

I'm sorry owl but I really don't agree with what your saying about different prices for different people, as far as I'm concerned I am worth every penny I charge my clients and would not lower the cost if they didn't like the price a quote.

Sorry hun x

As a salon owner, could I suggest something different, you sound like you enjoy your job and if you have a good relationship with your boss, go and talk to them.

They probably do not know how you feel and they maybe prepared to let you have a different role in the salon, or do a new course that will inspire you, or simply have sometime to recover from your burn out.

A good employer and a good employee should be able to communicate.

Just a thought...x

When I went mobile I had just put a deposit on my first house eek! I was probably pushed as my boss was a complete twat and girls in the salon horrible, I hadn't been there long, has been headhunted as I had a large client base, but the boss was a complete liar. I basically finished work Saturday and just couldn't go back! That was 21 years ago, 2 kids later and lots of courses and training for different things I'm still going strong. I must say tho before the kids I worked 6 days a week sometimes 7, 13 hours per day, I lived to work, I was knackered. Since kids I'm a lot stricter, I'm always there for the school run, cooking tea etc then I go back out but I will only do a couple of evenings, it is starting to creep up again so I'm going to reign it in.

Massive piece of advice GET A SEPERATE WORK PHONE! and switch it off. It took me 18 yrs to learn that mistake, I can now have some privacy and family time without my mobile ringing when I'm on holiday or having a day out with my family it even ill in bed. Good luck hun whatever you decide x

I recently went mobile 3 months ago after 8 yrs in salon, despite what some may think i did tell my clients i was leaving and let them ask for my number (which they did). I started in the salon after a month of it opening and without blowing my own trumpet i built the salon to what it is today! Without much credit.

Its the best thing ive ever done considering how nervous i was its felt like iv done it for years! Im earing triple + what i was in just 3months, in christmas week i earned 2 months wage.iv moved out and am trying to get pregnant which i could never of done still working in salon.

My advice is get your wholesalers card n do it, good luck xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back