Fuzzy contact lenses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbunny28

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone could help me or I should just make an appointment to go to the opticians..

I wear 2 week disposable lenses (acuvue oasys ones) and lately my eyes have just been getting blurier and blurier. I clean them in hydrogen peroxide (? ) it's the one that has a little disc in the pot to neutralise as it cleans and they have to be in there a minimum of 6 hours.

I feel like I can hardly see out of them most of the time and am starting to get a little concerened as they can become quite irritated (though not red?)

Has anyone had similar problems or can offer some advice?

Thanks x

You should not wear contacts if you are doing nail enhancement services as the dust can irritate :irked:

I save mine for evenings and weekends etc and wear my glasses in the salon and for teaching.

have you recently changed services?

Check with your optician asap if you're having problems.

I used to wear contacts and my optician was so helpful.

Is it one set of lenses or has it happened with a couple of sets? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

It's quite likely to be hayfever.
My contact lenses are like this at the moment (and have been for a month or so), it's awful, can't keep them in much past 8pm in the evenings,as they're blurry.

When I take them out, they look weirdly like they have wartered-down milk on them (so they look white), have such a build up of proteins in my eyes.

Try an anithistamine to see if it helps, otherwise, try and limit lense wear during hayfever/allergy season :)

But, you probably should check with your optician first, they may give you some drops to take which can help.

It's not even when I'm working, it's all the time. It's happened with a couple of sets but these ones are really bad this time. I'm waiting on new ones to arrive in the post tomorrow so will get a fresh pair in but have only had these in about a week.

I think it could be hayfever, I've been taking antihistamines for a couple of months now though. I'm allergic to preservatives and have very sensitive eyes anyway so can only use certain drops as the rest just cause allergies. I just feel a bit sorry for myself cause my eyes are a bit sore haha x

If you've got really sensitive eyes, definitely see your optician just for your peace of mind!

I'm not surprised, it is scary, and you might have loads of pollution around you in London too. The first time I was diagnosed with hayfever was when I was living with my boyfriend in London, despite growing up in the countryside for years! :/ Go figure!!

I wear 2 week disposable lenses (acuvue oasys ones) and lately my eyes have just been getting blurier and blurier. I clean them in hydrogen peroxide (? ) it's the one that has a little disc in the pot to neutralise as it cleans and they have to be in there a minimum of 6 hours.

Has anyone had similar problems or can offer some advice?

I wear Acuve Oasys are you using the right solution? They are silicone hydrogel so you need a specific solution, not the standard one. I use Synergi as recommended by the optician.

I really think you should make an appointment to see your optician asap

I wear Acuve Oasys are you using the right solution? They are silicone hydrogel so you need a specific solution, not the standard one. I use Synergi as recommended by the optician.

I really think you should make an appointment to see your optician asap

My optician put me on this solution because it's preservative free.

I think I will wait to see what the new ones are like when they arrive tomorrow and if they are the same I will have to make an appointment.

Thanks for the advice everyone x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are u getting the blurring if u take them out?
Don't want to worry you, but please see yr optician. My vision started blurring and within 6 mths my left eye went from -7.5 to -25, it was a cataract n I had the op a year ago.
My optician is brill, I went in today with probs in my other eye n I've got another ulcer, darn things!
Could be nothing but please check x

Are u getting the blurring if u take them out?
Don't want to worry you, but please see yr optician. My vision started blurring and within 6 mths my left eye went from -7.5 to -25, it was a cataract n I had the op a year ago.
My optician is brill, I went in today with probs in my other eye n I've got another ulcer, darn things!
Could be nothing but please check x

Not generally and definitely not to the same degree but on the odd occasion I do get a little bit. Will go for a check up and tell them all just in case. I nearly blinded myself when I found out I was allergic to preservatives so tend to take eye matters a bit more seriously since then...

Hope your eye feels better too x

You should not wear contacts if you are doing nail enhancement services as the dust can irritate :irked:

I save mine for evenings and weekends etc and wear my glasses in the salon and for teaching.

have you recently changed services?

I think that's a little OTT. Dust can be extracted from anywhere, I wear mine most the time and I never have issues when doing nails with the filing and dust, I just think it's in relevant, you can walk down a street and there's a gust blowing dust towards you, yea you close your eyes but if you was getting nail filing dust in your eyes then I'd say your face is too close to the hands! Sorry for the quick approach just thought it was a tad over the top! :) plus that is like saying your client shouldn't wear contacts during the treatment, if you understand what I'm saying! :)

Last edited:
Thanks pink bunny, yep it's fine, thankfully it's a tiny ulcer n I'd taken my lens out the minute I felt it. I get the cold sore virus in my eyes giving me ulcers but thankfully he thinks it was maybe a bit of sand got under my lens :(
Usually lenses don't cause problems but they're very good at masking them ;)
Hope you get on fine at the opticians :)

I think that's a little OTT. Dust can be extracted from anywhere, I wear mine most the time and I never have issues when doing nails with the filing and dust, I just think it's in relevant, you can walk down a street and there's a gust blowing dust towards you, yea you close your eyes but if you was getting nail filing dust in your eyes then I'd say your face is too close to the hands! Sorry for the quick approach just thought it was a tad over the top! :) plus that is like saying your client shouldn't wear contacts during the treatment, if you understand what I'm saying! :)

I do understand what you are saying :hug:

However, I don't think its OTT, it's what we teach on CND classes and what I do.

Clients should be offered safety glasses for any nail service and definitely if they wear contacts. It's basic PPE

Nail dust floats in your breathing zone however straight your posture whilst working lol

This sounds really annoying! I had a problem a few weeks ago with one o my lenses, it was really blurry didn't matter what eye i put it in! I went to the opticians and they gave me another which works fine, very strange! If it has been a while since you had a check up i think maybe a new eye test. I find my eyesight deteriorates every time i go for a check! I sometimes wear mine for work if i have been out that morning & cant be bothered taking them out & i actually find i dont get itchy eyes when i wear my contacts!!

I do understand what you are saying :hug:

However, I don't think its OTT, it's what we teach on CND classes and what I do.

Clients should be offered safety glasses for any nail service and definitely if they wear contacts. It's basic PPE

Nail dust floats in your breathing zone however straight your posture whilst working lol

Oh fair enough! It's a first for me lol. Learn something new everyday I guess.

I started getting this with monthly disposables(take out evenings). I went to opticians and they had been wearing away at my eyeballs!!
I now have daily lenses. Fresh set each day bit more expensive but so worth it. Makes me wear glasses more to giving my eyes needed break!

I started getting this with monthly disposables(take out evenings). I went to opticians and they had been wearing away at my eyeballs!!
I now have daily lenses. Fresh set each day bit more expensive but so worth it. Makes me wear glasses more to giving my eyes needed break!

When you say wearing away...??? I hope this isn't happening. Only saw the optician in November so shouldn't really need a check up yet. Where have you found cheapest to get dailies from and are they all pretty much the same? x

When you say wearing away...??? I hope this isn't happening. Only saw the optician in November so shouldn't really need a check up yet. Where have you found cheapest to get dailies from and are they all pretty much the same? x

I had an obvious circle where contact lenses has been and my eyes hadn't been building up protective layers. It repairs itself so don't panic!
I haven't really looked around for cheaper options I'm a Specsavers lover lol! I pay around £24 a month I was paying £10 for monthlys but in the winter I halted te amount I got so was half the price now it's summer I want contacts in all time for sunglasses etc.
you will love them and well worth money xx

Hi there. Exactly the same happened to me with this brand, apparently I had a reaction to them after having a viral infection, they were literally tearing my cornea and my vision was becoming blurry. It took weeks to figure out and I had to switch to daily lenses too. But in all honestly I now prefer the daily lenses.

Agree with the advice on daily disposables, I find them so much comfier and hygienic! My favourite are Acuvue 1 Day TruEye, but when I can't afford those Acuvue Moist are fab as well. Tried Soflens but didn't find they were as comfortable x

Latest posts

Back