Garnier Olia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
So does anyone else think when L'Oreal had to improve there wonderful innovative (insert sarcasm here) colour line INOA they re branded the old stock flog as OTC colour?

I certainly do!

Old? I think it's their new one ;) just to throw a spanner in the works

Wouldn't surprise me. So disappointing. Bad show either way

Do you mean the new oil colour in a box? Lol I thaught it sounded familiar when I saw it on the end of the isle in tesco the other day x

have you seen the advert it sells it well even though us proffesionals will know the diffrence it said no ammonia leaves hair healthy will improve condition of hair ground breaking technology that will leave hair shiney and soft etc lool x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

have you seen the advert it sells it well even though us proffesionals will know the diffrence it said no ammonia leaves hair healthy will improve condition of hair ground breaking technology that will leave hair shiney and soft etc lool x

Inoa contains ammonia...and double ppd! Than other ranges!

Inoa contains ammonia...and double ppd! Than other ranges!

just stating what the advert says lol weather there missleading i dont know x

just stating what the advert says lol weather there missleading i dont know x

Google organic colour systems inoa review... Interesting reading x

Google organic colour systems inoa review... Interesting reading x

Would that be the one I posted last night ;)
I'm hoping I can convince my boss to get rid of it ;) we are in the middle if changing hands so am going to print out all tge negative stuff and give it to new owner lol :)

Would that be the one I posted last night ;)
I'm hoping I can convince my boss to get rid of it ;) we are in the middle if changing hands so am going to print out all tge negative stuff and give it to new owner lol :)

It's quite inspiring seeing someone stand up for something they feel so passionate about. Good for you hun x

It's quite inspiring seeing someone stand up for something they feel so passionate about. Good for you hun x

For me it's more an animal rights thing. If I had my way we would ditch l'oreal and Redkin completely and make a stand as a cruelty free salon. Feel it would be great for the salon brand and image.

Loreal's OTC color products are the same as their "professional" lines. The difference is the Hairstylist formulating in a salon as opposed to the generic pre determined formulas of the OTC color. Besides that there is no difference in the actual product in the packaging.

Loreal's OTC color products are the same as their "professional" lines. The difference is the Hairstylist formulating in a salon as opposed to the generic pre determined formulas of the OTC color. Besides that there is no difference in the actual product in the packaging.

What shocked me was we had training a couple if weeks ago and I asked the trainer "is the numbering the same on OTC colour as it is on Salon colours?"
Her answer "oh yes, in fact the lab get us to look at the colours they have made sometimes and tell them what number to stick on"!!!!!

What shocked me was we had training a couple if weeks ago and I asked the trainer "is the numbering the same on OTC colour as it is on Salon colours?"
Her answer "oh yes, in fact the lab get us to look at the colours they have made sometimes and tell them what number to stick on"!!!!!

is it the same for all colour brands that have otc producrs then x

I used the Olia OTC for myself the No 5 and it came out perfect, hair felt lovely afterwards, no difference to "professional colours I pick up in hair ways"

I used the Olia OTC for myself the No 5 and it came out perfect, hair felt lovely afterwards, no difference to "professional colours I pick up in hair ways"

Your a hair pro?

What made you choose to use oct products?
Would u tell your clients that you used it?

What made you choose to use oct products?
Would u tell your clients that you used it?

I have a very sensitive scalp and never use a perm colour, I normally stick to wella colour touch and do it myself. I haven't ever noticed much of a difference between professional colours and otc. I think in the right hands such as a hairdresser there is no issues using a colour that is the same base and tone such as mine. The Olia didn't cause my scalp to react, flair up, go red, scabby or itchy like perm l'oreal, wella and goldwell colours have. I had nothing to lose as my scalp can't take the professional perm colours.

I wouldn't recommend home dying to customers as the never produce even coverage, do not understand base/tone underlying tones. Levels of lift etc. I focus on hair extensions but have plenty of clients who colour their own hair along with the extensions even against my advice and they have no problems.

I would be honest to a client and advise them against home dying as its DIY, same as I wouldn't try and wallpaper my walls as I'm not trained! However I have complimented many a client who have come to me for extensions on their home dyes and jobs well done. The hair industry is changing as are consumer needs, more information along with forums are easily accessible making home dying sufficient for most who want a basic colour. I don't think people should be foiling and bleaching their own hair and also to a degree home dying keeps salons in business with colour corrections etc. I don't think the quality of the product is the issue with otc its that in the wrong hands it can result in unsatisfactory results. Like any otc, home waxing is a good example too.

I have a very sensitive scalp and never use a perm colour, I normally stick to wella colour touch and do it myself. I haven't ever noticed much of a difference between professional colours and otc. I think in the right hands such as a hairdresser there is no issues using a colour that is the same base and tone such as mine. The Olia didn't cause my scalp to react, flair up, go red, scabby or itchy like perm l'oreal, wella and goldwell colours have. I had nothing to lose as my scalp can't take the professional perm colours.

I wouldn't recommend home dying to customers as the never produce even coverage, do not understand base/tone underlying tones. Levels of lift etc. I focus on hair extensions but have plenty of clients who colour their own hair along with the extensions even against my advice and they have no problems.

I would be honest to a client and advise them against home dying as its DIY, same as I wouldn't try and wallpaper my walls as I'm not trained! However I have complimented many a client who have come to me for extensions on their home dyes and jobs well done. The hair industry is changing as are consumer needs, more information along with forums are easily accessible making home dying sufficient for most who want a basic colour. I don't think people should be foiling and bleaching their own hair and also to a degree home dying keeps salons in business with colour corrections etc. I don't think the quality of the product is the issue with otc its that in the wrong hands it can result in unsatisfactory results. Like any otc, home waxing is a good example too.

Fair enough I get what your saying although dont agree. Each to their own thanks for sharing

Latest posts

Back