Garnier Olia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough I get what your saying although dont agree. Each to their own thanks for sharing

Can I ask what you don't agree with?

I personally believe there is an issue with the quality in oct products, I've seen what damage they can do - I get what your dying about a pro using them- there's damage limitation there.

I think they are undermining to
our industry that already lacks the respect and credibility it rightfully deserves and personally would need touch them.

I am a colour technician so my only area within hairdressing is colour which is perhaps why I feel the way I do about it :)

I personally believe there is an issue with the quality in oct products, I've seen what damage they can do - I get what your dying about a pro using them- there's damage limitation there.

I think they are undermining to
our industry that already lacks the respect and credibility it rightfully deserves and personally would need touch them.

I am a colour technician so my only area within hairdressing is colour which is perhaps why I feel the way I do about it :)

I do see where your coming from and I agree hairdressing as a whole profession isn't regarded highly. I guess the way you've got to look at it is people like choice and so those needs are met, and it makes the cosmetic companies more money and not everybody can afford a salon colour service so if picking up a otc and dying their hair makes them feel good opposed to feeling rubbish then that's a good thing. With the Internet everything is available, its the same for beauticians people buying the lamps and doing their own gel nails etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling strongly about it, you work with colour day in day out so its obviously your passion and love hence why you feel like that. I'd be the same. I'm very protective of hair extensions and get very annoyed when I see girls who have glued wefts in to their hair, or worn clip in's to the extent of it causing thinning of their hair.

I do see where your coming from and I agree hairdressing as a whole profession isn't regarded highly. I guess the way you've got to look at it is people like choice and so those needs are met, and it makes the cosmetic companies more money and not everybody can afford a salon colour service so if picking up a otc and dying their hair makes them feel good opposed to feeling rubbish then that's a good thing. With the Internet everything is available, its the same for beauticians people buying the lamps and doing their own gel nails etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling strongly about it, you work with colour day in day out so its obviously your passion and love hence why you feel like that. I'd be the same. I'm very protective of hair extensions and get very annoyed when I see girls who have glued wefts in to their hair, or worn clip in's to the extent of it causing thinning of their hair.

Nothing worse than seeing a bad set of extensions ;-)

I will be honest I have used box colour on my mum and it was ok I only used it because she couldn't afford pro colour but I prefer to to use pro colour because when I used the OTC colour I felt I was letting my trade down abit ,but I just annoys me that people don't understand how damaging theses colours can be and what scares me the most is that there is a OTC bleach that comes with 12% to put on scalp !!!! And a loreal bleach that lifts 8 levels :/

Latest posts

Back