Geeg's book

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracybubbles

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Iv read the fabulous book above cover to cover several times and I'm trying hard to put all the advice, tips and tricks into practice but I'm just wondering if there are any videos of the great lady at work? I'm a very visual learner and it would be helpful for me to see her advice in action. Thanks x

No is the short answer to this question. :hug: Never got around to it.

My hope is that I've written so clearly that you should be able to visualise what my words are saying. If you are confused with anything just ask me or the girls at the Centre who are very familiar with my methods. X

all that is in the book is all that is right and needs to be said for the working practice of a nail tech nothing more nothing less it is a spot on book
and the first that i endorse to the new nail tech and or struggling one, no wait for it everyone xx as you do clients it will all make sense with out a dvd

Thanks for the reply Geeg. Your right tho, it is written in a way that's easy to put into practice.....I just have a fascination for watching that process done well. I suppose Il just have to fly out and get myself an appointment at your salon 😊

Hi geeg where can I order your book?

Thanks guys ordered :)

Please don't think I'm being ignorant but I would love to read your book do you have a direct link to it please xxx

I ordered through mundo. Can't wait to read thanks :)

I got mine from mundo....was a bit cheaper than Amazon too😉

What's the book called? Struggling to find even with your link Geeg! Thanks x

It's a definite MUST HAVE book to read.

What's the book called? Struggling to find even with your link Geeg! Thanks x

Its called nailclass xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

No is the short answer to this question. :hug: Never got around to it.

My hope is that I've written so clearly that you should be able to visualise what my words are saying. If you are confused with anything just ask me or the girls at the Centre who are very familiar with my methods. X

Hi Geeg,
I got the book for Christmas and love it. I do have a question, please don't think I'm dim, there's the trick where you teach us how to hold the file correctly, I couldn't quite fathom what you meant. I got my hubby to read it too, but he was no help lol.

Jo

Hi Geeg,
I got the book for Christmas and love it. I do have a question, please don't think I'm dim, there's the trick where you teach us how to hold the file correctly, I couldn't quite fathom what you meant. I got my hubby to read it too, but he was no help lol.

Jo

That's the bit I could never get, the part about holding it like a handshake. Fine, but then I get it to the nail and I'm at a loss. Do wish we could actually 'See' it! :confused:

Hi Geeg,

Jo

It's not THe correct way to hold a file at all times. It is A way to hold the file for big jobs like de-bulking that gets the job done much faster and creates much less friction and zero damaged and bent files.

You grab your file in your hand almost as if you were going to shake hands with it and then you extend your forefinger (so that your hand now looks like a child pretending his hand is a pistol) so that it lies along the top of the file.

In order to file with it to de-bulk, and to accommodate a side to side filing motion you will need to push your elbow out at 90° to your side. Your forefinger will apply the pressure to the file which is what gets the job done.

HTH

It's not THe correct way to hold a file at all times. It is A way to hold the file for big jobs like de-bulking that gets the job done much faster and creates much less friction and zero damaged and bent files.

You grab your file in your hand almost as if you were going to shake hands with it and then you extend your forefinger (so that your hand now looks like a child pretending his hand is a pistol) so that it lies along the top of the file.

In order to file with it to de-bulk, and to accommodate a side to side filing motion you will need to push your elbow out at 90° to your side. Your forefinger will apply the pressure to the file which is what gets the job done.

HTH

Ah I see now. And yes it was the "for big jobs like de-bulking" that got my attention. I'm gonna give this a go next time I do an in-fill.
many thanks
jo

Geeg I love your work and really really want your book, any chance of a freebie ☺️ (Yes I'm grovelling but worth a try hahaha)

Latest posts

Back