Geeky Waxing Workshop in Cardiff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem

Reaction score
Dear Geeks in and around the South Wales area

I'm very disappointed in the poor response Andy has had to the Geek waxing workshop at our salon in Cardiff on Monday 16th June.

This is an excellent opportunity for Geeks to work with and learn from Andy and really up their waxing skills.

Vanessa travelled to London to spend a day with Andy on another Geek workshop and learnt loads from him. When he mentioned he was interested in doing something in Wales we thought it was a great opportunity for Geeks in our area who didn't want to travel to London to learn from an Expert.

So we offered our salon as a venue and Andy kindly offered his time so that waxing geeks could develop their skills. We prepared ourselves for the rush.....it was strictly first come first served....we're opposite Cardiff Queen Street station so you only have to walk 200 yards.....and apart from the geeks in our salon there has been a huge rush of.....THREE geeks.

The London workshop was full, the Scottish workshop was full within two days, so what's the problem in Cardiff ? It's on a Monday which tends to be a pretty slow day if your salon is open. The kids are in school so no problem there. I don't believe that Cardiff is hailed as the waxing capitol of the Uk so I'm pretty sure most geeks in our area who wax would benefit from attending one of Andy's workshops.

The only logical reason I can come up with is that Geeks in our area just can't be bothered to attend. I sincerely hope this is not the case and have posted this to get your feedback on why we have had such a poor response.

Vanessa and I believe very strongly in continuous professional development (cpd) and are willing to support the geek community by making our premises available for future geek workshops. We should all consider ourselves very lucky to have some fantastic technicians within the geek community who are willing to share their knowledge and give their time freely and if they are prepared to come to Wales we will provide a venue.

However, if there really isn't any interest from geeks in this area to drag themselves away for a day to learn from a recognised expert, Vanessa and I aren't prepared to waste our time and theirs organising something.

So I'd really like to know:

1. Why such a poor response to this workshop ?

2. Is it worth us trying to organise more or shall we just not bother ?

In 2006 Vanessa caught the 05.30 from Newport, travelled 6 hours to Leeds for a two hour geek workshop with GiGi (Geeg) and then 6 hours back, because she is passionate about developing her skills and it was worth it.

Rant Over

Mike

Speaking from experience I am gobsmacked we couldn't get spaces for love nor money in Scotland.

Welsh geeks you are missing out big time by not grabbing this amazing opportunity,

:irked:i would really love to does this but have not done a waxing quilfication being cardiff girl myself i cant belIEVE THAT you guys are not taking advantage

I would definitely be up for one in the south east :(
Come on Welsh Waxers!! Pull your fingers out of your wax pots!!!!! If you don't train in the latset/most advanced techniques, someone else will!!

I have no idea why there hasn't been a rush for this like there was with London and Scotland, but if it helps, I will be driving from Reading, probably leaving about 7am, so if anyone relatively local to me would like a lift, drop me a line :hug:

Could someone pm me with the costs, please?
If I can rejig my schedule I might be able to make this, and grab a lift with Zo Zo (if she's still offering!)
Thanks
:)

Could someone pm me with the costs, please?
If I can rejig my schedule I might be able to make this, and grab a lift with Zo Zo (if she's still offering!)
Thanks
:)

Honey, it's FREE :green:

I'm very disappointed in the poor response Andy has had to the Geek waxing workshop at our salon in Cardiff on Monday 16th June.

This is an excellent opportunity for Geeks to work with and learn from Andy and really up their waxing skills.

Vanessa travelled to London to spend a day with Andy on another Geek workshop and learnt loads from him. When he mentioned he was interested in doing something in Wales we thought it was a great opportunity for Geeks in our area who didn't want to travel to London to learn from an Expert.

So we offered our salon as a venue and Andy kindly offered his time so that waxing geeks could develop their skills. We prepared ourselves for the rush.....it was strictly first come first served....we're opposite Cardiff Queen Street station so you only have to walk 200 yards.....and apart from the geeks in our salon there has been a huge rush of.....THREE geeks.

The London workshop was full, the Scottish workshop was full within two days, so what's the problem in Cardiff ? It's on a Monday which tends to be a pretty slow day if your salon is open. The kids are in school so no problem there. I don't believe that Cardiff is hailed as the waxing capitol of the Uk so I'm pretty sure most geeks in our area who wax would benefit from attending one of Andy's workshops.

The only logical reason I can come up with is that Geeks in our area just can't be bothered to attend. I sincerely hope this is not the case and have posted this to get your feedback on why we have had such a poor response.

Vanessa and I believe very strongly in continuous professional development (cpd) and are willing to support the geek community by making our premises available for future geek workshops. We should all consider ourselves very lucky to have some fantastic technicians within the geek community who are willing to share their knowledge and give their time freely and if they are prepared to come to Wales we will provide a venue.

However, if there really isn't any interest from geeks in this area to drag themselves away for a day to learn from a recognised expert, Vanessa and I aren't prepared to waste our time and theirs organising something.

So I'd really like to know:

1. Why such a poor response to this workshop ?

2. Is it worth us trying to organise more or shall we just not bother ?

In 2006 Vanessa caught the 05.30 from Newport, travelled 6 hours to Leeds for a two hour geek workshop with GiGi (Geeg) and then 6 hours back, because she is passionate about developing her skills and it was worth it.

Rant Over

Mike

You Said in your message that it's the 16th it is the 6th June does that mean it was early that's why I missed it then?:rolleyes:

Kate x

I am mobile and i trained in waxing in march but was only taught the roller waxing method and although i have the waxing cerificate i have not offered it as one of my services as i am not confident in doing it. I would love to come to the cardiff workshop but not sure if i can get time off work as i work part time..

carly

xx

You Said in your message that it's the 16th it is the 6th June does that mean it was early that's why I missed it then?:rolleyes:

Kate x

Kate

You haven't missed it as it will take place on Monday 16th June 2008.

Regards

Mike

I am mobile and i trained in waxing in march but was only taught the roller waxing method and although i have the waxing cerificate i have not offered it as one of my services as i am not confident in doing it. I would love to come to the cardiff workshop but not sure if i can get time off work as i work part time..

carly

xx

This is the ideal opportunity to work with a pro and get your confidence up. You can get a train straight to Queen Street Station (change at Central) and we're 200 yards away. I'd do everything I could to get the time off as an event like this will give you the confidence to start waxing.

Go for it girl !

Mike

I have no idea why there hasn't been a rush for this like there was with London and Scotland, but if it helps, I will be driving from Reading, probably leaving about 7am, so if anyone relatively local to me would like a lift, drop me a line :hug:

What a fab offer. Hopefully some Geeks on the M4 corridor will be able to take advantage of your offer.

Regards

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back