Gel aftercare leaflet advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert666

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm after an aftercare leafelt or advice on what to include in one for Gel nails. I use Gellux so dont know if this makes a difference to any advice you give your clients?

I have one client whos a good friend but i know for a fact that she desnt look after her nails at all after having her gel done and because I've doubted my application in the past and so done free sets for her, she is now taking it for granted that the minute she chips/ breaks a nail, that I'll rush over and rectify it for her!!

I know that Shellac put the onus on the client to look after their own nails so I wanted to include something like that but am unsure of how to word it, plus, I wanted to put a price in there for any nails that need to be re-done and a time limit (ie, if over 1 week, then they'll need to be charged for- or something like that?)

Have any of you got any advice for me please?..!!

I've been wondering if it would be a good idea to contact the supplier of each product for proper aftercare advice on the specific product. Then add what you think appropriate for repairs. Hope that's helpful.

Thanks Lacytree, that's a good idea, I'll try contacting Gellux and see what they say!

In the meantime tho, does anyone have an aftercare leaflet that they wouldn't mind me having a look at please? I'd be really grateful and I promise I won't copy it- I just want an idea of what to include! Thankyou xxx

I cant get at mine to send a linky thingy as they're on the other computer which went bang and is awaiting repair, but basically I advise clients not to abuse their nails and if they don't look after them, put oil on twice a day etc then I cant be responsible for any breakdown of their nails..avoid prolonged contact with water, don't soak them in the bath , wear gloves when washing up, cleaning etc, general stuff really..x

I also put on my price lists that should one nail break within one week then I will repair for free, otherwise its £x per nail. That should stop the kind of problem you're having with your client!
If you think you can do a good set of nails now, then perhaps say to her 'thank you for letting me practice on you, but from now on my charge will be £xx. I hope I can look forward to you booking in..' If not, then she may expect free nails and repaisr till kingdom come!! And I'll bet when she has to pay for them she will look after them a darn sight better!!

Last edited:
Thankyou v much Tiggerlady! The thing is, she does pay for them at the moment (at a very reduced rate, but still..!) I just think she's now so used to me doing the repair for free that she's a bit blasé about them... And then makes me feel like its my fault something has happened.... Ie, "are you sure you out the prep on?" And "maybe you should use the blah base rather than.. Etc etc!")

I think im going to put my prices up a bit in the next couple of months as I've been giving a reduced rate for a while to a able me to set up properly and get all my colours etc, so my aftercare leaflets are now going to be a bit more professional- so maybe, just maybe she'll pay attention if I put an actual £ on there to show how much a 'little chip' is going to cost!! Well. Here's hoping anyway! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back