Gel Bottle, Inc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but in my Gelish 18g - which I think maybe the problem as I don't think it's strong enough - I am now curing more times each layer and am gonna see how that goes - I love the BIAB and have them on myself with no problems - it's the Gel manis I'm having the trouble with x

I can't say I've noticed a smell with the builder topcoat?
Really? We can't be talking about the same one, even a couple of clients have remarked

Still I don't care as long as it performs ! [emoji5]️

Really? We can't be talking about the same one, even a couple of clients have remarked

Still I don't care as long as it performs ! [emoji5]️

Yes definitely the same one lol, not a single client has mentioned any odour, and I normally use liquid & powder.

I have been using CND for years and I am only a home user. Doing my own and friends and family nails is my hobby. I have started using Gel Bottle product and I absolutely love it and prefer it to CND. The costumer service is very friendly and if there is an issue they do try to solve it as soon as they can. We are all humans and we all make mistakes.

I can buy CND, Gelish, OPI and other big brands on various websites and they don't ask for certificates so I don't see why Gel Bottle should do so. If all the big brands asked for certificate, people like me would not be able to use them and have a lovely hobby doing nails ;-)

Hi ladies,

I'm wanting some more info on Gel bottle inc. I currently use Shellac but I've heard so many great things about Gel bottle. My concerns are that they sell to the public so it makes it seem a little more unprofessional? Also are they cruelty free? I've messaged them to ask but the response was very vague. Thankyou!
I have emailed a few times and they fail to reply which makes it look a little suspect.

I have been using CND for years and I am only a home user. Doing my own and friends and family nails is my hobby. I have started using Gel Bottle product and I absolutely love it and prefer it to CND. The costumer service is very friendly and if there is an issue they do try to solve it as soon as they can. We are all humans and we all make mistakes.

I can buy CND, Gelish, OPI and other big brands on various websites and they don't ask for certificates so I don't see why Gel Bottle should do so. If all the big brands asked for certificate, people like me would not be able to use them and have a lovely hobby doing nails ;-)

I see what you mean but if everyone had a lovely hobby doing nails then all us professionals would be out of a job :rolleyes:

The only authorised distributors for CND are Ellisons and Sweet Squared and they ask for certificates to keep the brand professional only which keeps nail techs and therapists in a job. If you don't buy from these places then you aren't guaranteed that your product is genuine.

More than a couple of clients have come to me because I only use CND and they've called up other places who use the brands that anyone can buy, and in their words they say to me "why would I pay someone to apply a product I can buy myself online and do at home?" :)

I understand that everything is available online. I can't blame people for wanting to try things out and have fun. To you it's a hobby, to me it is a passion, a life, and many other techs, that paid for training and invested time to learn how to properly take care of nails, would probably agree with me, that it is not fair. That's all. Not fair. I am not worried I would lose clients to hobbyists, those clients are not my target clientele anyway.

I honestly wouldn't bother. They even had the cheek to supply a consignment number from 4th Feb when the order I disputed was from 26th Feb and in email they were just rude and ignoring anything I said telling me my order was signed for by me on 4th March but it wasn't they just kept providing the consignment number from my first order (4th Feb) in my opinion in the hope I wouldn't of kept the boxes with the consignment numbers on! Also they took no proof off me about my qualifications and they run a loyalty points scheme but I have no idea how your supposed to spend them or know how many you actually have... I won't be ordering again off them. The product is lovely and the colours and price point great but I've never been treated the way they have treated me over the last 2 weeks by any other brand regardless of being new or old to the business! X

I placed two orders on the same day, and only received 1, I thought maybe the second one didn't go thru or something, now you've got me wondering if it did and I just never received it

Gel bottle shipping prices are insane! I think I paid over $30, but I am in the US. Still though when someone orders over $200 it should be free shipping, even over $100 should be free!

Gel bottle shipping prices are insane! I think I paid over $30, but I am in the US. Still though when someone orders over $200 it should be free shipping, even over $100 should be free!
There's an offer on just now for free postage +10% off too. Minimum order 6 bottles. [emoji106]

STAY AWAY!!! Although some of the colours are nice - the customer Service is just horrible, they are so rude! Tried to return two colours - they are nothing like they appear on the site, well you swear I was asking for a heart transplant! I would avoid them! I certainly won't be ordering from them again

I currently use CND Shellac, overall I love it but unfortunately have a few customers who have issues with it not lasting as long.

My aim is to find a Gel that will work along the CND range of colours to give my customers more options.

As they are regular customers I don't want to loose their business so I have looked into using a gel as against a power polish. I ordered 9 colours from Gel Bottle on Monday evening and received them on Wednesday.

I have so far applied Gel Bottle to 10 customers since Thursday to test and get their feedback. The customers feedback so far is they love the high shine polish finish and the overall look of the product.

I personally am finding the application a dream. The only negative is the post of the brush sits so far into the 20ml bottle that once I've cleared the excess off the bristles thinking I'm ready to start I then have to wait for the gel on the post to reach the bristles to remove excess.

I will update with more feedback soon.

Like sweet Squared Or Elisons is any different...
Never has any problems with TGB...even with returning colours...and to be very honest I usually check the colour of the Polish on other pictures etc. And even then in every light colour looks different...

STAY AWAY!!! Although some of the colours are nice - the customer Service is just horrible, they are so rude! Tried to return two colours - they are nothing like they appear on the site, well you swear I was asking for a heart transplant! I would avoid them! I certainly won't be ordering from them again

Last edited:
I placed two orders on the same day, and only received 1, I thought maybe the second one didn't go thru or something, now you've got me wondering if it did and I just never received it
That's essentially what happened to me. O have ordered since due to a client being desperate to have diamond glitters and all was ok but I then saw about others having issues again!

I agree they have terrible c/s. As I mentioned on another thread one of their staff blocked me on FB because I asked why it takes 10 days for delivery and they never have colours in stock. I have a large collection of the gel bottle and have been using it since it launched but won't be using them again now. It launched at a RRP of £10.95 (retailing to public) and has had so many price increases its ridiculous - it's now £16.95 + vat to pros & public - how can it increase in less than 2 years to this?

Any way my rant over with I'm glad to be coming out of the nail industry altogether, 20 yrs in it had been enough!

Never has any problems with TGB...even with returning colours...and to be very honest I usually check the colour of the Polish on other pictures etc. And even then in every light colour looks different...
Never had problems with sweet squared at all! Great company!!! Friendly staff ... I'm not sure who you have been speaking to at gell in a bottle but this is the third time I've spoke to them and the lack of service and even the tone of the person on the phone screams "I hat my job and your an a young customer" almost felt like he was doing me a favour by speaking to me! I order from allot of people and these really do take the crown of bad customer service! Rant over. Glad you have not had the same response as me. I hope you never do

Hands up if you have had bad customer service from thegelbottle [emoji137]

Have you had bad service from sweet Squared? I always find them amazing, probably the best customer service I've had!

Have you had bad service from sweet Squared? I always find them amazing, probably the best customer service I've had!
I've never had bad service from sweet squared either personally they have always been amazing! Any issues I've had with S2 have always been rectified as quickly as possible. Same with NSI they have always been really good so when I had issues with the gel bottle I was completely shocked when they spoke to me the way they did (well I should say He none of the ladies were ever a problem)and the fact they tried to blame APC delivery, then accuse me of trying to get free products even though I had sent proof of consignment numbers, orders and dates etc. I can honestly say I love the products but not enough for the treatment they give customers!

Latest posts

Back