Gel brands, what do you recommend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleyxx

Reaction score
Hiya everyone

I've been using Gellux religiously for around 10 months now, and absolutely LOVE the outcome, durability and colours (only thing I don't like is the removal!)

I'm wanting to add some variety to my collection by adding some more brands that I can rely on just as much.
I have a few candy coat colours & glitters which I also love, but find their colours especially can be quite thick and difficult to apply.

Can anybody else recomend a reliable brand they trust, with good lasting performance and easy removal?
Preferably with a reasonable price range?
I pay around £xxx + VAT for my Gellux polishes so don't really want to be buying gelish which is way up at the £xxx mark.

Thank you ❤️

[no trade prices please - thanks]

Last edited by a moderator:
Artistic Nail Design!! I am in love with their gels. I never really knew exactly how great they were until I used them with the whole Artistic line, cleanser, ph prep, border, and gloss. Also patented color suspension makes sure the same color is through out the whole bottle, pigment doesn't settle to the bottom.

I like the gel bottle too, but have the same complaint as everyone, that they sell to unlicensed consumers.

Opi gel colour x

IBD been using for 3years. No complaints

When selecting a second brand, I think the best thing to do is identify what's missing in your first brand and go after that. In your case, easy removal - I think that makes the case for a hybrid brand like CND Shellac or OPI GelColor (the base coats are hybrid). CND Shellac adds in the benefit of being hypoallergenic. Neither of these brands are cheap though, but they do add real value to your range of services.

Cnd, ink London (excellent quality and cheaper than cnd, still a hybrid though) and fx nails ( just trying it out so far) for me

I found artistic chipped really easy on my nails. I have just discovered the joys of OPI, it's magic!! I have. A few bits by gellux and find the coverage and application similar. When talking to someone in capital the other night I also found out that IBD is compatible with other systems, so maybe a good option to add a colour and see if you like?

Hiya everyone

I've been using Gellux religiously for around 10 months now, and absolutely LOVE the outcome, durability and colours (only thing I don't like is the removal!)

I'm wanting to add some variety to my collection by adding some more brands that I can rely on just as much.
I have a few candy coat colours & glitters which I also love, but find their colours especially can be quite thick and difficult to apply.

Can anybody else recomend a reliable brand they trust, with good lasting performance and easy removal?
Preferably with a reasonable price range?
I pay around £xxx + VAT for my Gellux polishes so don't really want to be buying gelish which is way up at the £xxx mark.

Thank you ❤️

[no trade prices please - thanks]
EMi are absolutely fab my favorite brand. Halo makes fab gel polish that's really reasonable with a great range.
Silcare gels are amazing they are professional products maeinvthe EU and the prices are UNBELIEVABLE i still can't believe such a high quality product could be so low in price their builder gels are amazing. I always used NSI before but never reach for my NSI anymore. The Silcare Highlight LED builder gel is amazing it cures in 30 seconds and is thick enough that it sculpts like a dream. Also there cover pink is the prettiest cover pink EVER. It's almost a third of the price of NSI. They also do a gel polish range called Colour it they are fab really highlypigmented (you could get away with one coat if you had to with most of them. They are a steal.
You can buy them from Galaxynailsupplies (check them out on Facebook) I don't think the LED Gel is on their site yet so you can always call them on
01752 312409 the web address is www.galaxynails.co.uk.

I found artistic chipped really easy on my nails. I have just discovered the joys of OPI, it's magic!! I have. A few bits by gellux and find the coverage and application similar. When talking to someone in capital the other night I also found out that IBD is compatible with other systems, so maybe a good option to add a colour and see if you like?

I love Artistic, never had an issue with chipping, I do find that capping the nail is the key. I always start with capping the nail and then applying the colour to the rest of the nail. I always work with thin layers with Artistic as you get a better result in my experience.

Latest posts

Back