Gel Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieClaire

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am currently trained in L&P and would like to train in gel also. Can any of you 'Gel' geeks tell me which is your favourite and why?

I'm looking to do the Brisa Gel course as I am already trained with Creative in L&P and would like to stick with their products as I like them, however, I was just wondering if any of you have your preferences?

Is using Gel harder or easier than when you trained in L&P? Or just very differerent?

Any advice?

Laurie

Brill thanks, will have a look at the link...

x

I prefer L&P but do both... and they're different to me, as much as L&P can seem clever, gel looks dumb to me, never fills a hole alone, lol... I never think the final result is as great as L&P.

maybe that's because I don't like gel as much and don't really master it... lol

and I use the 2 OPI systems...

Hi

I do both gels and L&p, once you pick up the technique of gel there is hardly any filing making life very easy, i use Dream Uni-phase gel and i love it hard wearing long lasting and looks great, i love doing all the nail art and mixing glitters with them.
The Uni-phase gel is a one-component gel so one pot does bonder builder and sealer, great if you work mobile.

I prefer L&P but do both... and they're different to me, as much as L&P can seem clever, gel looks dumb to me, never fills a hole alone, lol... I never think the final result is as great as L&P.

and I use the 2 OPI systems...

Hi Doorie,

L&P seems clever and gel looks dumb? I don't get what you mean...sorry if im being stupid.....:rolleyes:

lol, nah, I'd be way more stupid than you.

L&P is moving on the nail in a logic way, you have a hole and put a little bead in it, it's fine. gel, it will kinda stay out of the hole and make it look even bigger.

so it's dumb lol.

in the beginning, but now it's just.. a way lol. I don't enjoy doing nails in gel as much as I do with l&p... it stinks to me... it makes your fingers sticking... blaaaah!! lol.
but I soon have a special day with a gel master tech so I hope he's gonna make me change my mind, and so I can enjoy the 2 techniques :)

I still don't get it...haha I'm sorry :smack:

as much as L&P can seem clever, gel looks dumb to me, never fills a hole alone, lol... I never think the final result is as great as L&P.

I think a lot of it has to do with the different brush techniques and product control needed for both systems.
I've been using Brisa gel for 3 years now and I love it, it's strong, durable, has fantastic clarity, never yellows and the longevity is great, no service breakdown at all.

Providing you're comfortable with it and have mastered it, there's no reason why gel enhancements can't look just as good as L+P, it easily 'fills a hole' and you're able to 'string' it to fill low points on the nail when finishing if the application isn't perfect (or as near as can be).

I think a lot of it has to do with the different brush techniques and product control needed for both systems.
I've been using Brisa gel for 3 years now and I love it, it's strong, durable, has fantastic clarity, never yellows and the longevity is great, no service breakdown at all.

Providing you're comfortable with it and have mastered it, there's no reason why gel enhancements can't look just as good as L+P, it easily 'fills a hole' and you're able to 'string' it to fill low points on the nail when finishing if the application isn't perfect (or as near as can be).

Hi Sandi,

Just had a look at the gallery on your website - your nails are lovely!

I have always thought that gel are billiant for an overlay on the natural nail rather than over tips...would this be the case? I have always opted for L&P as I find it really strong (I'm quite heavy handed) but I love the natural look that gel gives.

Any advice on this?

gel can be as strong as L&P.. imo.

and ValencianNails... I know lol. it's just that I don't want lol. I have to and I work with gel but it's not as surprising as L&P. when a new client comes in and is clueless and she sees your powders, your liquid, brush and is like... hum, are you gonna do my nails with that? I love this feeling as she's first like... where am I and seeing the final result, typically when you've finished sculpting and the nail isn't already brilliant, and you make it shine or seal it and WOW.
that's what's lacking with gel to me.

but I still can do a propoer set with them ;);)

Personally I love gel, I try to do really natural looking extenstion, and I think gel accomodates this. Once you build your stress area up and alter shape and lenght to work with your clients daily duties I think it's just as strong, it's also great for overlays and toes. Everyone has their personal preference though, and I tried L&P and just couldnt get to grips with it, once your cabable in one switching I find is difficult, but just like anything I imagine I could grasp it if I put the time and effort in! I also love IBD, I started with the schools 'own brand' gel, which I found easy to work with but just didnt have the strenght, perhaps it was my starting off technique though, then I went on the IBD and also tried Brisa, eventually I stuck with IBD and that was about 2 years ago and Iv not looked back.

Thank you :hug:

I have always thought that gel are billiant for an overlay on the natural nail rather than over tips...would this be the case?
No, you can use gel (providing it's strong enough) for NNO's, over tips and also for sculpting, I find Brisa extremely strong, yet durable, and offers me everything I need in a UV Gel.

I have always opted for L&P as I find it really strong (I'm quite heavy handed) but I love the natural look that gel gives.

Any advice on this?
I can be reasonably heavy handed and found that, for me, sculpting with Brisa was the best option, however, people have differing levels of heavy handedness and we need to be flexible to their enhancement needs, what suits one client won't automatically suit another.

For a natural look (with both gel and L+P) you can try a soft white for zone 1, I like the fact that it's not a stark white and therefore more natural looking, if you have coloured powders and/or gels you can custom blend a free edge colour to make it even more natural looking :green:
hth's a bit
:hug:

Hi Sandi,

I have always thought that gel are billiant for an overlay on the natural nail rather than over tips...would this be the case? I have always opted for L&P as I find it really strong (I'm quite heavy handed) but I love the natural look that gel gives.

Any advice on this?

Brisa gel is suitable for overlays, over tips and sculpting. Properly applied it is very strong and I use it very successfully.

Latest posts

Back