gel courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carriechatwin

Reaction score
hello all,

I have been thinking of adding another system to my bag,just starting out,have a few clients now!I have been using silk as my overlay on extensions,but would love to learn how to scuplt with gel and also do the pinks and whites.I have been shown how to put gel on using tips by a lady at work who does nails and have practised on myself and they seem ok,have to infill them after 10 days not because they look bad just because i'm fussy and if they start to look a bit untidy i do them straight away,my question is has nay one do nsi's gel course as this is what i was looking to do eventually but can i do just a conversion or workshop i learnt nails at college by doing an nvq in nails services and qualified in 2005 and can't really afford the costs of foundation courses right now.:lol:

You should be able to do a conversion with any reputable company.
Remember that the cost of gel courses is normally higher than L+P courses, this is due to the cost of the UV lamp.

thank you,the reason i asked was because i havent got a certificate that specifically says that i am qualified to do gel nails that i would have to do a foundation course,but my certificates from college don't say that i am only qualified in the silk system,we shown a demo on l&p and gel but not assessed on them.Some companys say that you have to have so many months experience using gel or l&p to do their conversions.:)

Some companys say that you have to have so many months experience using gel or l&p to do their conversions.:)
I think (but not 100% sure) that it's 6 months with Creative, don't know about the other companies.

The best thing to do would be to ring the companies whose gel line you're interested in and ask them, also ask about price of conversion classes/kits etc.

I've been looking in to doing a gel course as well. I have done star nails fibre glass but more people ask for gel. I am either going for brisa or bio sculpture, does anyone recommend which one is best? I phoned creative nails and she said as long as I know how to put on tips and blend them i should be ok.
brisa - 234 pound
bio sculpture - 455 pound

Honestly susie, I think it would be a personal opinion as to which gel system you like. Is there anyway you can get 'samples' and try them out to see?

I am going to say that applying gel nails is quite a bit difference than applying any fabric nail. And It does take more skills than knowing how to apply tips and blend. :) As with any artificial nail system, it takes alot of practice.

If you seach on the Nail geek forum for Gel Nails or UV nails..you will come up with some good information.

BTW...welcome!!

I phoned creative nails and she said as long as I know how to put on tips and blend them i should be ok.

I am going to say that applying gel nails is quite a bit difference than applying any fabric nail. And It does take more skills than knowing how to apply tips and blend. :) As with any artificial nail system, it takes alot of practice.
I think there's a bit of confusion here...

When you go on a conversion/induction course with Creative you're not being shown the basics (ie how to tip and blend etc), you spend the morning learning about the product and the afternoon doing practical, applying the product etc.
You're not expected to know how to apply gel if you're going on a gel conversion, that's part of the reason you're there, to learn about it.
Therefore, providing you are competent in tipping and blending you will be ok.

hth's

:eek: I am a little worried now but as you said I am on the course to learn gel and thats why I'm paying to go on the course. I suppose you to start somewhere:rolleyes:. I have basic knowledge of gel and played around with it but without doing the course I wouldn't know my potential.

Latest posts

Back