Gel extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williams1862

Reaction score
I have just completed my course on gel extensions but would like to ask does anyone actually do gel extensions on clients or do you just use gel for natural nail overlays.

If you do do extensions do they stay on your clients or are they not robust enough for daily life.

Many thanks in advance

I do gel extensions regularly, and yes they do last providing they're applied correctly, and that the client follows her aftercare sheet :)

Ditto.
I was doing ONLY UV Gel for extensions and overlays for about 5yrs (I've since added L&P to my services).
They do great, when done properly.

However, NOT all gels are created equal. Some are softer and more flexible than others. Some are harder. I struggled with a softer soak off gel. Then switched to EZ Flow buff off, and clients that were rougher did better with that one.
hth's

Thanks for the replies

I have had no problem putting them on and they do look beautiful but have found that if they are knocked they do come off fairly easily could I be doing something wrong?

Sould have mentioned that I have been using Cuccio pronto which will not be my chosen product once I am happy I have practiced enough.

I also do Gel Extensions and they are fine, but I agree I use NSI and it's a buff off Gel rather than soak off so seems stronger, they last fine. I suppose it's like any system it all depends how you apply and how your client treats them.

Thanks for the replies

I have had no problem putting them on and they do look beautiful but have found that if they are knocked they do come off fairly easily could I be doing something wrong?

Sould have mentioned that I have been using Cuccio pronto which will not be my chosen product once I am happy I have practiced enough.

Cuccio Pronto isn't made for using with tips over a long term. It's more suited to NNO. I only use it for occasional nails with tips.

You need a harder gel for enhancements.

Cuccio do structure gels.

Hi extentions are usually designed to be used with a hard (buff off) gel so that you can build a strong apex. Your extentions prob wont last if youre using a soft (soak off) gel with them. Have you tried doing them with a hard gel?
Hth x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

thanks for the replies. I have not used buff off gel we were taught with soak off, if there anything special I should be doing different when applying buff off. Also how long does it take to remove the buff off gel?

Hi extentions are usually designed to be used with a hard (buff off) gel so that you can build a strong apex. Your extentions prob wont last if youre using a soft (soak off) gel with them. Have you tried doing them with a hard gel?
Hth x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I'm not entirely sure that's correct.
I'm pretty sure that there are techs using soak-offs to build extensions.
But for the life of me, can't recall which brands.
Also, not all soak-offs are equal.
YES some are better suited to NNO's that are on the short side.
Let me check on this. I can't recall the brands.

I have succesfully used lechat nobility soak off gels for extensions however i do find that a hard buff off gel gives a much more robust nail especially when creating more than just a couple of mm of free edge.

I'm not entirely sure that's correct.
I'm pretty sure that there are techs using soak-offs to build extensions.
But for the life of me, can't recall which brands.
Also, not all soak-offs are equal.
YES some are better suited to NNO's that are on the short side.
Let me check on this. I can't recall the brands.

My GF21 ( star) is a soak off structure gel so there is one brand for you :)

My GF21 ( star) is a soak off structure gel so there is one brand for you :)

Sorry just me getting used to the terms but what is gf21

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Sorry just me getting used to the terms but what is gf21

It's just the name of the gel :) I use Star Nails

They are GF21 Structure/Quattro/Sculpting etc

If I remember correctly it's the European name for them, think it might be different elsewhere.

Ohhh lol might have a look at their stuff :)

Ohhh lol might have a look at their stuff :)

To be honest I wouldn't bother, I hate it apart from the Quattros which are really nice to use. The clear one is super shiny and works over enhancements and normal polish for longer lasting manicures.

Everything else though I didn't find easy to work with. But that's just my opinion :D

Thank you so much for the advice guys. :Love:

The problem is I have just done my training and we used a soak off gel, I am now putting together my case studies but nearly every person I have done has had at least one nail fall off (most of them have knocked them but not very hard), I don't really understand why we train using products that we will never use in real life (and the training was not cheap).

I was intending to use the pronto gel for a good six months before doing a conversion course to use a better quality system but I may have to revise that and look into buff off gels now.

Calgel is fab, you can use it for natural nail overlays, you can build sculptured extensions with it and you can use it over tips. It is a soak-off gel, that soaks off with wraps in just 10 minutes. It's lovely.
the website is Calgel Nail System | izabellehammon.com

Bio Sculpture is similar but I haven't used it myself so don't know what it's like for extensions.

Thank you so much for the advice guys. :Love:

The problem is I have just done my training and we used a soak off gel, I am now putting together my case studies but nearly every person I have done has had at least one nail fall off (most of them have knocked them but not very hard), I don't really understand why we train using products that we will never use in real life (and the training was not cheap).

I was intending to use the pronto gel for a good six months before doing a conversion course to use a better quality system but I may have to revise that and look into buff off gels now.

Maybe Pronto does last with tips otherwise why would they train you in it?

Maybe I'm using a different type???? It's possible! You know how brands often have variations?

When you use tips do you build an apex? Just curious now :)

Maybe Pronto does last with tips otherwise why would they train you in it?

Maybe I'm using a different type???? It's possible! You know how brands often have variations?

When you use tips do you build an apex? Just curious now :)

Both of the trainers I have had said they would not use it in a salon, they both use biosculpture!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back