Gel Glitter French & pearl smile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Here's a set I did last night.

I mixed some EzFLow boogie nights acrylic powder & silver glitter with some gel.
Did my french with that
Then popped a couple of flatback pearls and a rhinestong along a smile on one finger.Mind you, they dont show too well in the picture:irked:
I think they turned out pretty decent. Client loves them.
BUT the smile gave me troubles because of the glitter... loose glitter I was chasing all over, errrrrr

What do you think?
LauraSSilverglitterFrenchpearlsmile.jpg

Looks great Victoria - I also had the same problem of chasing the glitter around.

did you use L&P or gel? if L&P I have since read a few threads that says to use 2 different pots of monomer and 2 different brushes - if using the same the brush becomes contaminated with glitter and spreading the glitter is then hard to avoid.

Looks good though - were you pleased?

I use UV Gel.
I also use 3 different brushes all the time.
1 for regular gel.
1 for glitter & coloured gels.
1 for cleaning smiles.

I was 'sort of' happy with it. lol

I want it to be BETTER next time. With sharp clean smiles.:green:

They look realy nice hon.
Gonna have a bash myself over the weekend.
You have both answered a few of my questions.... I have just brought some Glitter from NSI to mix in with my attaction powder and I was wondering about the brushes, dont want to knacker mine up so I will get another one I think.
What sort od ratio of powder to glitter do you work with?
Do you use a seperate pot of mix, you know to keep going back to so it is always there when you need it?

xx

whitmore said:
They look realy nice hon.
Gonna have a bash myself over the weekend.
You have both answered a few of my questions.... I have just brought some Glitter from NSI to mix in with my attaction powder and I was wondering about the brushes, dont want to knacker mine up so I will get another one I think.
What sort od ratio of powder to glitter do you work with?
Do you use a seperate pot of mix, you know to keep going back to so it is always there when you need it?

xx

I believe the best ratio is 25% glitter 75% powder but they have been a few different opinions on this - but this could affect the strength of your product.

I have a separate pot that I have kept the glitter mix in for a later date

thanks for that, I will have a bash at the weekend.

x

Very nice Vic!! Love the glitter!

i love this look its so "in your face" sparkly...but at the same time soft and girlie!
they look lovely babes xxx

Thanks everyone!

I'm sorry I can't tell you the mixture ratio I used :o I just dolloped some gel on a ceramic tile (my fav way of mixing lol easy to clean hehe) and then dropped some coloured/glittery acrylic powder over that, then added some additional silver glitter. The mixture was rather thick and a lil tricky to work with, but held in place nice. Made for a VERY thick builder ROFL

I'm thinking of doing the same to myself soon, but a jazzier brighter and funkier colour. haven't decided yet what colour. Will keep you posted:wink2:

hey victoria. when did you get your ez flow powders. did not know ya got em!. anyhoo, i love these nails nailbeds are nice and the cuticle clean and in good condition. love the nails too, cant say i like the pearls though to me it takes away from the beauty of the glitter, but thats just me i hate pearls. nothing i put them on ever looks nice. (i wonder why:irked: ) but the overall glitter is real blingy!!! excellent work

catch you later

Thanks luv!!

I've had my Ez Flow's for quite a while. I used to use them with my gel-resins (aka dips in the uk & the us). Its the umm trying to think now.. umm 'rainbow collection'? From near 2yrs ago, it's a box of teensy weensy jars, 10 colours. Pretty nifty actually. And I also bought 2 others in regular sizes.
And some from ebay. Have several colours and glittery ones.

Can't wait to learn L&P, cause then I can have some SERIOUS fun with my rainbow of colours available to me. :green:

VHunter said:
Thanks luv!!

I've had my Ez Flow's for quite a while. I used to use them with my gel-resins (aka dips in the uk & the us). Its the umm trying to think now.. umm 'rainbow collection'? From near 2yrs ago, it's a box of teensy weensy jars, 10 colours. Pretty nifty actually. And I also bought 2 others in regular sizes.
And some from ebay. Have several colours and glittery ones.

Can't wait to learn L&P, cause then I can have some SERIOUS fun with my rainbow of colours available to me. :green:

yes i love their rainbow collection, their glitter collection (cant remember the name of them now) is awesome too, as a matter or fact everything in their acrylic colour line is wikid!!!

ariaaland said:
yes i love their rainbow collection, their glitter collection (cant remember the name of them now) is awesome too, as a matter or fact everything in their acrylic colour line is wikid!!!

Yeah, been thinking I may just end up taking EZ Flow course rather than Creative.
The company STILL hasnt' gotten back to me with a course outline (the one that offers Creative) and they charge 1200$ + taxes etc.

The 3 other places with courses charge about 800$ and their's are EZ Flow (more popular here than creative).
EZ Flow's easier to get than Creative.
We'll see.
:wink2:

Latest posts

Back