Gel glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGENT1

Reaction score
Hi i am new to all this only registered today :)

I currently use sculpt acrylic, glitters are really popular at the moment, just wondering if you can mix the glitter with gel like you would acrylic to creat a glitter tip if so HOW???!!!??? confused as to how i would go about it.

Any ideas?

Pam :rolleyes:

I haven't tried it myself but asked my educator about this when I did my training. She said once you've created the nail and before you put top layer of glaze or whatever your system uses, brush the free edge (or wherever you want your glitter) with base gel then dip in glitter, tap off excess and cure. Then I think you apply your sealer gel.

Like I said, I haven't tried it myself but this is the method I was told!

HTH xx

Yeah that might work will try that one, thanks

I mix my glitters with gel in a small 1/4 oz.mixing pot.I use thin viscosity gel and mix enough glitter to get thicker, honey viscosity mixture. And I use my dotting tool to apply it on the free edge.That way I don't have to clean my smile lines.I always apply a layer of clear over the whole nail,including a free edge,so when I finish file ,I am not removing a glitter. It works like a charm.

Hi i am new to all this only registered today :)

I currently use sculpt acrylic, glitters are really popular at the moment, just wondering if you can mix the glitter with gel like you would acrylic to creat a glitter tip if so HOW???!!!??? confused as to how i would go about it.

Any ideas?

Pam :rolleyes:

You can either build your nail and shape then put some clear gel on the smile only (or wherever you want the glitter to go) then dip in the pot of the glitter - the glitter only sticks to the 'wet' gel.....cure then go over with clear to encase.

Or you can dip your brush in the clear gel then in some glitter and 'dab' the glitter on....cure then go over with clear.

hth

I'm quite new to enhancments and I'm trained with Pronails, I did my mum a set of glitter tips the other day, what i did was get a small blob of gel on the tip of the brush and lightly dip it in the pot of glitter then just apply to the tip. Easy peasy! Then finish with a coat of evergloss. The only thing i would say is wipe the glitter off the brush before you dip it back in the gel as you can end up with bits of glitter in your pot of gel. Mums nails looked fab!
HTH
xx:hug:xx

i pick up a bead of gel in clear for the tip area,
then i dip it into glitter, quickly if i only want sparse glitter, or more if i want denser glitter ,
and apply it like that,
then cure then overlay that with gel

great thanks for you help, will have to have a few goes to get the hang of it. thanks again.....

Latest posts

Back