Gel II - shrinking away from free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RelaxologyJT

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I bought six of the Gel II colours from Pro Beauty recently and have been trialling them out.

I am using the Gel II cleanser before application and really make sure I scrub well but I'm still getting shrinkage issues away from the free edge.

Any other tips, how long do you need to leave it to dry before applying the polish?

I really want this system to work as I love the colours, so I'm hoping I can crack this shrinkage issue.
Thanks

Hi ladies, I bought six of the Gel II colours from Pro Beauty recently and have been trialling them out.

I am using the Gel II cleanser before application and really make sure I scrub well but I'm still getting shrinkage issues away from the free edge.

Any other tips, how long do you need to leave it to dry before applying the polish?

I really want this system to work as I love the colours, so I'm hoping I can crack this shrinkage issue.
Thanks
If you search gel ll, this problem has been discussed, and things advised.this might help you. I'm thinking of trying them too.have been told to stir them when you get them, then roll before use. X

Thanks, will have another look back at old posts to see if there are any more tips.

Thanks, will have another look back at old posts to see if there are any more tips.
Have you joined the creative beauty group on Facebook? It's a closed group so you have to request, but there is so much more help and advice on there. x

Yes thank you I have. I had another look on there and it seems others have experienced the same problem. I think the key is going to be scrub with the Gell II cleanser more than I think it needs and leave it to dry thoroughly before applying.

Thanks

The other tip - strange as it sounds - is it really helps if the gel and the clients hand are around the same temperature. I'm seeing a lot more shrinkage the colder it is. Also after the weekend when the heating hasn't been on in the salon!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I see, so maybe the old 'bottle between the thighs' might help as well. Worth a try, thanks!

Latest posts

Back