Gel ll steam removal system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Has anyone used the gel ll steam removal system?

If anyone could let me know how it works- do you fill the bowls up with acetone? How long does it take ? Does system need to be emptied and cleaned after each client?

Would love to hear peoples reviews on this system.

Saw this in scratch yesterday - I only use shellac and was green with envy at the thought of this!! I hope CND bring out some spanking new system too!! Xx

Seems like a regression to me.

It looks cool and professional but I really don't like the idea of heating acetone it is so volatile you could turn on the light switch and have it blow up

Saw this in scratch yesterday - I only use shellac and was green with envy at the thought of this!! I hope CND bring out some spanking new system too!! Xx

Makes me wonder if there's a reason why they haven't already!

I think I agree, but could you explain?
'
Compared to the Steam Off Remover that The Painted Nail was selling, this does not seem to work very well at all. With the Steam Off, the gel came off effortlessly. -

Last edited:

I like how she says remove product with an orange wood stick, yet the woman is removing with a metal cuticle pusher :/

I like how she says remove product with an orange wood stick, yet the woman is removing with a metal cuticle pusher :/

Yes exactly and it takes pretty much the same amount of time removing the normal way.

I don't see any benefits from using this system. Surely the client would prefer to have her hands free to drink a cup of tea or coffee or flick through a magazine?

I laughed too when i say the metal cuticle pusher instead of the wood stick, LOL

I don't see the point of a system like this apart for it looks snazzy alright , nothing more than a gimmick though IMO

Personally if it was easier to remove, like shellac this gadget wouldn't be required. X

Seems more faff then just a normal removal with wraps

I like my table to be quite bare and organised this would take up room and if your mobile imagine lugging that about too. Defo not for me

Hmm really can't see the point in this at all? Doesn't seem to save any time on removal or benefit the nails in any way over the normal wrap removal. Seems like a lot of added expense for the therapist which will result in no extra income. Plus, it's bulky. Ill stick to our tried, tested and effective method!

I doubt they will as CND Shellac removes so easily as is.
Gel polishes like Gel ll don't remove as easily which is probably why they have brought this out.

I think I agree, but could you explain?

I think everyone has covered the main points. But these are my musings...

The client posture is very poor. It looks extremely uncomfortable & instead of being able to move freely - drink coffee, turn pages of a magazine/book etc people are instead constrained in a stress position.

It's impractical. Salons can have any number of people sitting in foil. Buying say 4+ of these per premises, plugging them all in etc is undesirable.

It hasn't been designed with hygiene in mind. Cleaning these down after every use vs a faster, hygienic & disposable removal...

There is more product used than with wraps. Without question despite their marketing blurb. Which means increased acetone exposure.

Also, the official marketing video shows disappointing results after 10 mins & scraping.‎

To me it is conceptually poor on many fronts & not at all salon suitable.

I think everyone has covered the main points. But these are my musings...

The client posture is very poor. It looks extremely uncomfortable & instead of being able to move freely - drink coffee, turn pages of a magazine/book etc people are instead constrained in a stress position.

It's impractical. Salons can have any number of people sitting in foil. Buying say 4+ of these per premises, plugging them all in etc is undesirable.

It hasn't been designed with hygiene in mind. Cleaning these down after every use vs a faster, hygienic & disposable removal...

There is more product used than with wraps. Without question despite their marketing blurb. Which means increased acetone exposure.

Also, the official marketing video shows disappointing results after 10 mins & scraping.‎

To me it is conceptually poor on many fronts & not at all salon suitable.

See, this is why I like to hear from you! I had not considered many of these points. I just thought that the removal as shown on the video was not optimal and far less effective than other steam-off products I've seen, let alone wraps. I am no longer working in salons and now view these things differently than before, but even for a DIYer, this product is disappointing.

Latest posts

Back