Gel manicures for cancer patients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pampered-You

Reaction score
In sorry if this has already been asked but I've looked and can not find anything relating to this on here as yet.
I have been asked if I will carry out a gel manicure for a clients mum who has just finished having radiotherapy for breast cancer. I would just like some advise on this. Is it safe to use lamps on such a client?
Any help will be gratefully received 😀
Thanks michelle

In sorry if this has already been asked but I've looked and can not find anything relating to this on here as yet.
I have been asked if I will carry out a gel manicure for a clients mum who has just finished having radiotherapy for breast cancer. I would just like some advise on this. Is it safe to use lamps on such a client?
Any help will be gratefully received 😀
Thanks michelle

Firstly, Speak to your insurance company to see if they'll insure you to carry out the treatment.

I can't advise any further unfortunately, as I haven't ever been asked to carry out a treatment on a cancer patient... Maybe research Doug Schoon as he is great with all the scientifics and may have covered this in one of his articles.

The best advice I ever received - "Work smarter, not harder". Thank you, geeks!!

I did my mums gel manicure when she was having treatment and now after (She's cured yay) it's completely safe xx

The only thing that would really affect treating a client with cancer is the longevity of her manicure as chemo can make the nails very weak HTH X

I use Gelish on all my ladies who have had or have cancer. I find even when they are in the middle of treatment, their nails last with Gelish.

I do my mums gel polish and she's just had surgery as starting radiotherapy soon x

Thank you nail geeks for your replies here :) I feel much happier now about carrying out a gel manicure 💅 x

Another thing to think about when doing manicures for people undergoing treatment for medical issues is that colours must be removed before surgery/some procedures to help monitor blood flow etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good reminder there Ajay. My clients just let me know when they need just a removal for appointments etc and then come back for application when ready.

Latest posts

Back