Gel nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
What would you say is the best product/brand of gel nail polish.. I am wondering which to stock at my salon.. >>Thanks..

What do you want from this type of product?
Do you want loads of colours including glitters, effects and fashion forward collections?
Or do you want stylish classic colours that will always be in fashion?
This will all depend on your salons existing clientele, or on who you want to attract into your salon.

Do you want long lasting shine and 2-3 weaks chip free wear, and would you want a product along side the range that adds extra strength to weaker damaged nails?
How much outlay are you willing to spend?

Do you already have a gel system in the salon, and a lamp for it that you would prefer to e able to use with a gel polish system?

I use Gelish, as it has an extensive range of colours and has Structure Gel for added oomph! I also can use any 36 watt UV lamp with it, although I chose to purchase the CND lamps (I have 2 ) just in case I ever decide to take The CND Shellac system on, and it will only cure with this lamp.

There is a lot to consider before taking on a range so if you could give us more info about what you want it would help.

i use bio sculpture gel and love it for the clients who are very hard on their nails and who have bendy weak nails, for all others i have shellac which is not a gel but afab product,

as said what do you want from a product?what do your clients want?

I use OPI GelColor and have done since it was first launched. It is a great system that is easy to apply, quick to remove and seems to last the distance on most clients so long as they look after their nails. My clients are very happy with it.

Decisions behind chosing this purchase were:
OPI nail lacquers sell well and i thought that this would encourage customers to have the gel and also improve my retail ability.
New technology - cures under LED light - so quite future proof for a large investment.
True gel - not a hybrid.
Colour choice and range was important but i was also informed that OPI would be bringing out new colours regularly which they are - 40 current and another 18 on the way according to their latest newsletter.
Easy to get my hands on quickly - its being sold in wholesale as well so if i need something at short notice i can pop into my local sally's or Capital and get it.
OPI has a reputation for quality so didn't feel I could go wrong with this systema nd have been impressed with it so far.

Hope this info helps -but for a good look at all that is on offer - go to the Olympia trade show in September.

Latest posts

Back