Gel nail problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just qualified in Nail technology level 3 with stonebridge and I have done my own gels so i can build confidence. Ive noticed though even though i did these sunday that they have started bubbling.:sad:They are still very strong but i dont want to go out to clients and leave them with bubbling nails. The bubbling makes it look like its lifting but they wont come off, so i know its not loose:(. I was wondering if its the gel im using or if there's a gel use by date. I got these for my 18th last june. I use Sina UV Gel.

Thanks
:)

Is that a cheaper brand of gel thats sold on ebay, amazon etc?

If so then that could be your problem if it's not a quality product then you might not get the results you were after. x

Is that a cheaper brand of gel thats sold on ebay, amazon etc?

If so then that could be your problem if it's not a quality product then you might not get the results you were after. x

Hiya, yes its one of the cheaper brands, and thankyou, ill look at purchasing some better stuff, which are the best gels, does anyone know :)
Thanks in advance

What look are you trying to achieve? Would you like a gel that can be used with tips and sculptures or over the natural nail?

What look are you trying to achieve? Would you like a gel that can be used with tips and sculptures or over the natural nail?

Im looking for a gel which can be used with tips and sculptures.

Stonebridge? Was that distance learning? Nothing against it :) just wondering as I have heard that stonebridge distance learning was uninsurable

Stonebridge? Was that distance learning? Nothing against it :) just wondering as I have heard that stonebridge distance learning was uninsurable

Yep stone bridge was distance learning, and :O thank-you for alerting me, i wasnt going to ad it to my insurance untill i had decided to go out and do clients. I will check with my insurance tuesday

Aside from the gels being a lower end brand, bubbling can also be because you might be playing with it too much. Over mixing/working leaves little air pockets in the gel. If you're after a better brand, maybe you can try a conversion course from a better reputable company. there are plenty of reviews and options that have been discussed here. (CND, Young Nails, NSI, Nail Harmony are a few you can find on the search function.)

I agree with Chickafish just changing or upgrading your products won't help if it is your technique that is at fault.
Research Gel systems like the ones she mentions and book a Conversion Course with them to see how they are applied which will let you see where you are going wrong. It is too tempting to overwork Gel, and we have all done it :rolleyes: a one day conversion may well help you sort that out.

Hi Izzidoll and chickafish, thankyou, i will also look into them :)

Latest posts

Back