gel nails confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi,iv been doing nails for about 6months know was trained on acrylics so i havent dont anything else apart fae them and none of the clients iv had havent asked me to do gels well until know :rolleyes: i did try them a while ago on my nail trainer but i got into such a mess it was driving me nuts so i put the gel away again. im having to turn people down as im not really sure how to use it and im not wanting all the mess again but i think i must have been doing something wrong as im sure its not normally like that :irked:.Maybe a step by step run through would be good and i maybe try again as i should really offer another product apart from acrylics :eek:

Use thin layers its easier and less messy if you work with more control. You can always do more layers if you need to.. sorry this wont be in better detail but

prep as normal
apply tip form
thin layer on bonding gel/cure
build nail with layers of venier curing in between
with a very fine file buff get out any highs and lows
finishing gel/cure
wipe of tacky layer

hi, thx for that il have a wee look at the video and try it out on my nail trainer will it work just the same on that ? as i dont want to use a client as my first ginny pig :rolleyes:

I would suggest that you take a course in gel nails that way you will know that your doing everything correctly and will have another service option to offer :)

hi ,yes i was just thinking that ,i think i will thx for your advice though ,probably let u know how it goes :hug:

I don't think it would be a good idea to apply gel on anyone (even yourself) if you haven't had the training that goes with your chosen product. There are over exposure risks with gel as too with L&P so you need to be really careful. Jut from a health and safety point of view (let alone anything else) you need the training.

i too suggest having some training for gel, they apply so differently from acrylic.
Good luck! :)

Training all the way! You cant beat it! It will refresh what you already know about natural nails, and you will pick up tips and tricks too. Gel application is completely different to Acrylic, and I too wouldnt suggest doing them on anyone until you have trained :hug:

sharon what gel products are you using babe co's they all work very differently.

There are a few different courses available depending on where you are in our wonderful world.:smack:

iv used some gels that i got off e-bay to pratice on and it didnt go to well ,i didnt want to put too much out as i was using it to pratice ,but i think im going to do a gel course probably at nsi in glasgow and then il get the named products as im using the nsi attraction acrylic system at the moment :)

Latest posts

Back