Gel nails - don't seem to last on young girls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millyspook

Reaction score
Got a problem which is slightly doing my head in.

I do gel nails. I have a couple of regular ladies who are more mature shall we say and they don't have any problems with keeping their nails looking nice, no chips, breaks, anything. But they tend to have natural tips ( i use Pro Impressions Advance tips) and we do not have any problems. Happy clients!

Yet, I have yet to do a successful set of nails on a young client (18 years olds etc). We have breaking, cracking, pinging off etc. Most of the youngsters want white tips and I use NSI Elation white tips.

One thing I think I have been forgetting to do is to etch the service of the white tip before applying the gel. Do you think this is what is causing the problem? Both clients are coming back to let me re-do them so I will remember to do this.

One client (who used to do acrylics) thinks that maybe my tips were too small, but I think they were fine as never had a problem with the natural tips girls.

Bit disheartened as want the young girls as clients, but its not going too well at the moment. I have also decided to do some half price set of gels at the moment so I can get some more practise in.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

You can't use white tips with gel as the gel can't cure as the light can't get through. You would need to use clear tips and use white gel for French.

Give this a try!

You can use white tips but just ensure you build up thinner layers instead of one thicker layer to ensure complete cure. Hth x

Latest posts

Back