Gel nails- help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secretbeauty

Reaction score
Hi there
I am looking to get a new gel nail system and just for the life of me cant decide which one?!..I know everyone says Brisa gel is excellent, but didnt see much of a colour range...
Has anyone used OPI Axxium? Dont like that it says it only lasts 2 weeks?

thanks

L

Last edited by a moderator:
Brisa Gel has a fab colour range if you can use your imagination, from sheer to opaque pinks and then the Brisa bold collection and shimmer kit which you can mix to make your own bespoke colours or match a dress or polish colour.
Part of the fun for me is mixing colours not buying ready made as I feel thats a bit lazy to have the colours ready made in front of you.
You cant go wrong with Brisa.
Jen xx

Lazy???

I would say more like "efficient". :)

Have you looked into the Nubar Infinity line? Awesome product, great selection of colors, a complete soak-off line, and the new UV polish coming any day now (Gelicure).

I'm loving it!!

Last edited:
If you can, I would give INT a try. They do have some distributors in Europe. Awesome quality of gel. Sets average 4 to 6 weeks before a fill is needed. Some go as far as 8weeks. They have over 100 colored gels. This product is outlasting any we have seen in our area. It is also versatile as it can be used with other gel systems to completley customize your sets. IE: you can use an NSI builder with a INT base etc. Extremley versatile product. :)

If you can, I would give INT a try. They do have some distributors in Europe. Awesome quality of gel. Sets average 4 to 6 weeks before a fill is needed. Some go as far as 8weeks. They have over 100 colored gels. This product is outlasting any we have seen in our area. It is also versatile as it can be used with other gel systems to completley customize your sets. IE: you can use an NSI builder with a INT base etc. Extremley versatile product. :)

I personally would not like the regrowth after 4-6 weeks. 8 weeks can't even think about it !

Can be used with other gel systems hmmmmmm :rolleyes::eek:

Don't knock it til' you try it. Any exceptional quality gel should be able to interchange with another system. You don't have to be married to one system.:)

:eek:Completley versatile? Im sorry but why would anyone who is a professional mix brands?
Companies who produce products spend lots of time and money to making a product and advise you on the correct way to apply etc etc for optimal results, why on earth would you want to mix it up and possible hinder the original products performance?
As for having 100 colours well im sure that with my 10 colours of Brisa gel the possibilities are endless and the bonus I dont have 100 seperate pot of coloured gel that may not ever be used lying in my draw wasting me money. I dont call that efficient.
Jen

Sets average 4 to 6 weeks before a fill is needed. Some go as far as 8weeks. They have over 100 colored gels.

I personally would not like the regrowth after 4-6 weeks. 8 weeks can't even think about it !

Don't knock it til' you try it. Any exceptional quality gel should be able to interchange with another system. You don't have to be married to one system.:)
I'm with Jane and Jen on this one :D

When nails have grown for 4-6 (or 8) weeks, the enhancements on them are out of balance and show horrendous regrowth.
Who wants to have nails that look like that? Seriously?!

To have correctly balanced nails they need rebalancing every 2-3 weeks, unless of course your clients all have extremely slow growing natural nails!

I don't get it, really I don't.

...I'm not even going to mention the hassle of having to carry 100 pots of different coloured gels to my mobile clients :eek:
Your distributor must be coining it in :rolleyes:

Hi 5 sandi :hug:

Actually the regrowth isn't that bad. I'm exactly sure how sets don't last that long as for the last 20 yrs our master technicians' sets ALWAYS have lasted at least 4 weeks. 8 weeks is extreme but not impossible. As for mobile techs', there really isn't any here that we have heard of. Having a color chart would sure give clients an idea of what color they want. And being able to mix your gel lines give customization that can make you stand out from the rest. :idea: And like I said before you do not have to be married to one system. Obviously some manufacturers want you to only use their product as that will increase their sales. Narrowmindness isn't forward thinking in our business.:)

Obviously some manufacturers want you to only use their product as that will increase their sales. Narrowmindness isn't forward thinking in our business.:)
The manufacturer of the gel brand I use doesn't want (or expect) me to use/carry 100 pots of different coloured gels. They offer me the option to mix my own colours, therefore saving me time (with deliveries) and money and offering my clients something 'unique' and not run of the mill.

I don't call that being narrowminded, I call that thinking about the technicians who use their products and wanting them to be able to maximise their income from very little financial outlay!

But hey... horses for courses... if you (or your company) wants to be buying/holding/not using 100 pots of gel at any one time, that's up to you :wink2:

Yes you do lol. Tell me how can you be sure the photoinitiators in your brand of gel will fully polymerize with every other uv bulb?

Yes you do lol. Tell me how can you be sure the photoinitiators in your brand of gel will fully polymerize with every other uv bulb?
Oh yeah baby...:green::hug:

Do you think we have invented a new sport ????

It amazes me that some think we are THAT stupid and try to undermine

I am sorry secretbeauty that your thread has been hijacked....:hug:

Oh yeah baby...:green::hug:

Do you think we have invented a new sport ????

It amazes me that some think we are THAT stupid and try to undermine

Ha ha nobody puts baby in the corner lol

As long as your using a 9 watt bulb, it really shouldn't matter. It sounds like Brisa may be differant, but we haven't tried that system. We have used NSI, Amore', Nail Basics, LCN, INT to name a few with many differant brand lamps over the years with no problems. Don't really understand why the differance between us and other places. Some of our students come out of our course with gel nails that look really good after 4 weeks, so why the differance? Seems kind of strange to me.:confused:

As long as your using a 9 watt bulb, it really shouldn't matter. It sounds like Brisa may be differant, but we haven't tried that system. We have used NSI, Amore', Nail Basics, LCN, INT to name a few with many differant brand lamps over the years with no problems. Don't really understand why the differance between us and other places. Some of our students come out of our course with gel nails that look really good after 4 weeks, so why the differance? Seems kind of strange to me.:confused:

The wattage only determins how much electricity is used not the uv output. So the above statement is invalid really.

A system performs correctly when used systematically abd correctly it's not a gimmic it's fact ,, it's proven and it's science.

Say what you will we have seen it proven many times over the years. :zzz:

Say what you will we have seen it proven many times over the years. :zzz:

http://www.dougschoon.com/nailpros/article-ProBeautyAU_7-Secrets-to-Curing.pdf

Very interesting reading... and well worth updating our knowledge.

:green:

Latest posts

Back