Gel nails help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbtay72

Reaction score
I've been a qualified in gel application for three years at a salon (where we used shellac) and have never had a problem with gel application. I've recently started at a new salon and when I wipe off the sticky layer at the end, the colour is coming off in certain places. I'm making sure I fully top coat the nail and I've never had this issue before.

At this salon they use three different brands of polish as well as a random base/top coat and lamp, but I don't think that is the problem as the other therapists don't seem to have this problem, but they don't seem very approachable for me to ask for advice! Not sure what to do really, any help or tips would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Mixing and matching lamps and products is absolutely the reason for the issues you are having. Have a read of the pinned post in the Nails Forum regarding lamps

You can't always rely on the tools that the salon provides for you, because some salons will buy the cheapest products that don't work very well. Gels and lamps arn't the same in quality - that should be common sense.

You could ensure that each layer of polish is really thinly applied and then after the top coat is on, keep it in the lamp for and extra minute or max two extra minutes. I had this exact problem with a product I used and I cured it for 3 minutes and it was perfect after I wiped the sticky layer! Hope this helps. x

Latest posts

Back