Gel nails popping off-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ionealexandra

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had a new client the other day with veryyy bitten down nails. I gave her gel extentions with the tips. She called me three days later saying one had popped right off, gel and tip together. I re did the nail but now she called to say another one has popped off.
I've never had this happen before. Luckily I do know her, but it's still very embarrassing. My whole system is new, the edge. But I have used it on one other person and hers have been on for two weeks so far.
I've never put tips on such short bitten nails before but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it?
Please help!
Embarrassing and confused.
X

You can better sculpt with nailforms on bitten nails. A tip on shortly bitten nails give often not sufficient support.

I posted recently with problems using The Edge. I too have had clients complain of lifting and the whole nail coming off.

I have come to the conclusion that it must be the product and so I am currently looking into another brand to use.

Its really frustrating!

Not sure if this is helpful but its good to hear im not the only one having issues with this brand!

emma x

I agree with the above, use a form on short bitten nails to give maximum strength.
I have heard that the edge products are not too good!
I have used many different brands and the best I have EVER used is NSI!
NSI Balance UV Gel is amazing for gel extensions and NSI Attraction Acrylic System is incredible for Acrylics.
Definitely recommend changing to NSI as the Edge hasn't had very good reviews and I'm not sure if it is quite up to salon quality!
Hope this helped!
xx

Latest posts

Back