Gel on damaged nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Hello just wanted to double check something....

Trapped my thumb in the door a few weeks back and it turned black on the bottom half....hurt at the time, doesn't hurt at all now! I kept wondering what was going on with it as it doesn't seem to have changed/grown or anything since I did it and although looks horrible my 'nail' feels normal...but anyway have noticed now that there is a new nail just starting to appear so I just wanted to check if it is ok to overlay this with Gel or is it better to let my new nail grow through and my old one to come off..everything is all firmly intact though ?

(im thinking it is ok but just wanted to double check really)

Thankyou x

My husband is forever bashing his nails at work what I do when they are starting to lift is to apply Gel to protect it from catching.

The last time I did this he kept it on for 5 weeks longer than some of my clients :lol:

Don't know if this is how yours will grow, but when I had two black big toe nails (trainers rubbing!) the new nails just grew up and pushed the black nail off. All I did was regularly cut the black nail off. I didn't need to put anything over them at all and they didn't catch on socks, etc.

Latest posts

Back