Gel on toenails... good idea or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulietP

Reaction score
I get a french manicure on my toenails and I can barely make it the 2 week mark before it starts looking ragged.

I have acrylic on my fingernails and LOVE how they last 2 weeks always looking brand new!

But I don't want acrylic on my toenails though... so I was thinking my maybe getting gel... is that a bad idea for toenails?

no lots of nail techs offer Gel on toes as a service .

x x

Gel looks absolutely fabulous on toes! I have a lot of clients that come to me for this and they are always really pleased with the end result. Some of them have french with rhinestones on their big toe and some have a colour. It usually lasts around 6-8 weeks.

HTH

I use Creative Brisa gel.

I do a lot of gel toes and my clients love them. They last from 4-6 weeks usually and stay looking very fresh.
HTH:)

I see, maybe I should give it a shot... but I am concerned about getting toenail fungus... what if the corner of the gel peels up a little and water get in there... it can create fungus.

Holy smokes... gel lasts 4+ weeks? Are you saying clients don't come back for a fill during that entire time? Their nails must grow really slooooooow.

I cannot go more than 2 weeks without having to file my toneails shorter and also if I went more than 2 weeks I would have huge gaps near my cuticle where the polish has grown out. My nails grow very fast.

Can you sculpt a toe nail enhance ment??

I ask,as my poor big toe has only started to grow back since a man trod on my foot dancing several months ago...luckily.with the right after care and using the salon products i saved the toe from being damaged at the matrix:eek:

I have gel on mine and it is very popular with my clients, in fact I'm doing a set of gel toes tomorrow.

Are acrylic toenails just as popular as the gel?

I was leaning more towards gel toenails since gels feels more natural and flexible... I've noticed that acrylic tends to feel a LOT more stiff/rigid... am I correct or just imagining this?

I see, maybe I should give it a shot... but I am concerned about getting toenail fungus... what if the corner of the gel peels up a little and water get in there... it can create fungus.
It wouldn't create a fungal infection if water got under the overlay, it would be a bacterial infection which is easily treated but obviously best if avoided.

Holy smokes... gel lasts 4+ weeks? Are you saying clients don't come back for a fill during that entire time? Their nails must grow really slooooooow.
Toenails grow much slower than fingernails :wink2:

I cannot go more than 2 weeks without having to file my toneails shorter and also if I went more than 2 weeks I would have huge gaps near my cuticle where the polish has grown out. My nails grow very fast.
The gap shouldn't be too noticeable, the only difference should be the lack of shine where the new nail has grown, you can apply a shiny top coat to 'conceal' the growth.

hth's a bit

I do L&P on my toes I havent recieved my gel products yet I have no problems. You just do thin layers its not like your building a nail for strength.

Latest posts

Back