Gel or acrylic enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The nail shack

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what everyone's favourite enhancements are and why??

What are your personal views on the pros and cons of each??

What system do you use and what previous systems (if any have you used)?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what everyone's favourite enhancements are and why??

What are your personal views on the pros and cons of each??

What system do you use and what previous systems (if any have you used)?
I much prefer gel, you have a lot more time to work with it and it's a much higher lighter enhancement.... Also no smelly liquid!

I used the ASP range and have been very happy with it. However I feel I may need to start using something more widely known? Maybe I'm thinking too much into it. If it's not broke don't try to fix it I suppose ha!

I offer both but prefer l&p by far. It's stronger, quicker to apply (once mastered) and easier to build a C-curve. Easier to repair too.

But it does stink lol x

Ah! The age old eternal question, for every tech that posts L&P you will get another one post Gel is the way to go. It really is down to personal preference and what suits the client best. Personally, gel lasts about 3 days on me before it lifts and breaks but I'm super hard on my nails and a biter/picker with ridged, ski-jump nails. L&P will last a week or so. Most of my clients are L&P as it's my preferred method although I'm trained in all 3 types of extensions

I started with acrylics then moved onto gels and I loved gels, I thought they looked nicer, easier to apply and better for clients nails, however I am now back to acrylics as I've had so many breaks with gels and just can't seem to get it right.... I think I just need lots of practice with both x

Thank you Trinity this is a brilliant write up X

Latest posts

Back