Gel or L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
We have all been asked.....Gel or Acrylic which one is the right one for me, by a client I am sure. I like using both and regular client have their favs but how do you sell the virtues of each?

I know the technical stuff, I know by looking at a clients nails which will suit better but.......how do you answer the question in general?

Sam

Once upon a time, the, "when should I use this?" and "on who should I use it?" type-questions were easier to answer, because systems varied considerably in strength and longevity.

Now, however, if you choose your systems wisely, there is very little difference in strength or longevity if you use cutting edge rather than generic products. Almost any process can be used on anyone with virtually the same results for the client.

So the answer to your question (as far as I'm concerned) is that I don't try to sell one system over the other to my clients. I do what they ask me to do (if they have a preference) and if they do not, then I do what I want to do ( which is whatever is easiest and quickest for me to do to their particular type of nail.

I guess at the end of the day, it is what the client prefers and what works for their nails.

I have only trained with gel, which i am very happy with and only use gel in my salon. I have had many clients who have come to me who have previously had acrylic and they have said they would never go back to acrylic and then i have one client who left me to go get acrylic nails as she felt they suited her extreemly long nails better.

What i love about gel is.......no odour, is easy to buff, you can play with it for as long as you like (great for nail art) and soaks off easy.

What i would love to learn with acrylic is how to do the 3d nail art. Although not officially trained with acrylic, i do know how to use it, and i just love applying it.

So there is my two bits worth!!!!

Latest posts

Back