gel over acrylic

i have a client tomorrow who would like to have gel as previously she has had acrylics and still has them on ..... i only do gel ....

do i have to remove all the acrylic or can i treat it as a rebalance but with gel, if that makes sense .....:confused:

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
i have a client tomorrow who would like to have gel as previously she has had acrylics and still has them on ..... i only do gel ....

do i have to remove all the acrylic or can i treat it as a rebalance but with gel, if that makes sense .....:confused:
You can rebalance gel over l+p - just thin out the product and work over the top! The only thing you might notice is a slight colour difference in the 2 pinks, but tbh I can't imagine it would be massive!

hth's

You can rebalance gel over l+p - just thin out the product and work over the top! The only thing you might notice is a slight colour difference in the 2 pinks, but tbh I can't imagine it would be massive!

hth's

thankyou for the advise not done a rebalance over l + p as yet ..:hug:

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
thankyou for the advise not done a rebalance over l + p as yet ..:hug:
The only real difference is that l+p tends to be harder to file...... Use a new abrasive!

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Make sure you are using a 180 grit abrasive (or whatever your system recommends) on the existing L+P to give a good surface for your gel to adhere to.

Cathie!

and prep the new growth to the spec of your system ....obviously ...duh me !

Does this apply to bio sculpture gel too?? if so i didnt realise that you could do this. Can you remove them the same way as you would bio sculpture?

thanks to you all re balance went great client over the moon and loves the gel look .................

think i have achieved alot today because i actualy looked at this set of nails and thought " good set love " :lol:

xx