Gel polish advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyRoseNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had issues with gel nails peeling on my clients so I changed some products - now I have a 72 watt lamp, I buff and file the nails, remove the cuticles, apply dehydrator, then primer and then I do the gel polish application.

Since doing this my clients nails lasted 10 days instead of 4 .. but I still want them to get longer! Is there any advice you can give please? I use Semilac.

Hi everyone,
I had issues with gel nails peeling on my clients so I changed some products - now I have a 72 watt lamp, I buff and file the nails, remove the cuticles, apply dehydrator, then primer and then I do the gel polish application.

Since doing this my clients nails lasted 10 days instead of 4 .. but I still want them to get longer! Is there any advice you can give please? I use Semilac.

I’m unfamiliar with Semilac or it’s application procedures, but don’t believe that it’s a professional gel nail system.

That aside, are you using the appropriate and correct lamp? If not, then please read through the thread linked below:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/u...-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/

Provided gel polish is applied and removed correctly, you should be achieving a minimum of 3 weeks wear, sometimes up to 4, without any problems.

I’m unfamiliar with Semilac or it’s application procedures, but don’t believe that it’s a professional gel nail system.

That aside, are you using the appropriate and correct lamp? If not, then please read through the thread linked below:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/u...-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/

Provided gel polish is applied and removed correctly, you should be achieving a minimum of 3 weeks wear, sometimes up to 4, without any problems.

Wow thank you for that info - I honestly thought it was a professional system so that’s a surprise!

I will look into the further thread. Thank you

Latest posts

Back