Gel polish brand suggestions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailedIt!Emma

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I currently do natural nail treatments with normal polish but would like to add gel polish to my treatment list. Lots of salons around me offer Shellac, so I'm looking to offer an alternative and go with a different brand. Which brands are most successful for you/your area and was the system training worth it?
Many thanks,
Emma x

Hi everyone,
I currently do natural nail treatments with normal polish but would like to add gel polish to my treatment list. Lots of salons around me offer Shellac, so I'm looking to offer an alternative and go with a different brand. Which brands are most successful for you/your area and was the system training worth it?
Many thanks,
Emma x

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Every nail technician will have their personal favourite, and there’s plenty of information on various brands in the Nail forum, but my “go to“ system is CND Shellac.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Every nail technician will have their personal favourite, and there’s plenty of information on various brands in the Nail forum, but my “go to“ system is CND Shellac.

Thank you Noodle
I had always thought I would train with CND, but when I was doing my research I found that nearly every salon near me do Shellac and I'm hoping by offering something different clients will be tempted to try it. I've been looking into Ikoniq nails as I like their ethos. Such decisions!

There is so many brands and I am obviously biased but the feedback we are getting for the flirties gel polish is fantastic and we are having a lot of technicians change from other brands so it’s maybe worth having a look? X

There is so many brands and I am obviously biased but the feedback we are getting for the flirties gel polish is fantastic and we are having a lot of technicians change from other brands so it’s maybe worth having a look? X

Thank you wowbb, Flirties is a new one on me so I'll definitely check it out!

Hi everyone,
Many thanks,
Emma x

I had the same situation when I started up, Shellac everywhere and I didn’t want to do more of the same.

I first invested in Bio Sculpture but it seemed to have lost its polished crown. I didn’t get the response I had hoped for.

Then I took up Ikon.iQ Nails. Hypoallergenic! I’ve not looked back since. [emoji16]

I had the same situation when I started up, Shellac everywhere and I didn’t want to do more of the same.

I first invested in Bio Sculpture but it seemed to have lost its polished crown. I didn’t get the response I had hoped for.

Then I took up Ikon.iQ Nails. Hypoallergenic! I’ve not looked back since. [emoji16]

Thank you! I'm so pleased you've found Ikon.iQ a good choice as I'm 99% decided on training in that system

Thank you! I'm so pleased you've found Ikon.iQ a good choice as I'm 99% decided on training in that system
I notice you are in Lincolnshire, very near Beverley Rose, a fab Ikon.iQ Educator.

I notice you are in Lincolnshire, very near Beverley Rose, a fab Ikon.iQ Educator.

Beverley Rose would be my nearest educator so it's fab to get a recommendation for her, really appreciate your help Alison x

Beverley Rose would be my nearest educator so it's fab to get a recommendation for her, really appreciate your help Alison x
I drove a 260 mile journey 4 times to train with bev in polytek

Thank you for replying, Wow! That's dedication! And another recommendation for Bev I assume? Did you enjoy the polytek course? x

Hi,

Do you know if they sell their brand to the states? I'm a nail tech.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back