Gel polish newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natashao

Reaction score
Can someone help . I am new to gel polish. Using ASP ... when I'm wiping at the end the colour comes away from down near the cuticle . Do you think I may be applying it too close ? Am I doing something wrong. Any help be appreciated thanks x

HI, your top coat must cover your colour as that is what gets fully cured in the lamp. So being a little more accurate at the cuticle will help. I had this problem myself until I discovered salon geek LOL. They know everything thankfully. You will get there in the end.x

HI, your top coat must cover your colour as that is what gets fully cured in the lamp. So being a little more accurate at the cuticle will help. I had this problem myself until I discovered salon geek LOL. They know everything thankfully. You will get there in the end.x
I feel like it was covered but it obv can't be I will try again. So frustrating . Asp is £xxxxx a bottle but I seem to see a lot of the gel ink around and wonder have I made the wrong decision on the products I've chose. It's expensive and a few steps to it. What do you use x

[no trade prices please - thanks]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuccio, Gellux, IBD; just checking Is your gel ASP signature ?
Where are you buying your ASP from ? Salon sevices sell it for £xxxxx March promotion is buy 3 get 1 free. There is always a VAT free day as well.
Hope that helps x

Yes it is but it's £xxxxx girl said with my discount card it's around £xxxxx? I’ll upload a photo x

15512607350474851864696277542210.jpg

That seems very expensive, where are you buying it from?

It's from sallys but I have just looked online and see it is £xxxxx! What the he'll is going on in going to see the girl today x

Oh that's a lot to pay. Have you completed a gel polish course and got insurance to carry out work on clients ? If you have you should be able to sign up for your local wholesalers and get the professional prices . Where is it from?

Cuccio, Gellux, IBD; just checking Is your gel ASP signature ?
Where are you buying your ASP from ? Salon sevices sell it for £xxxxx March promotion is buy 3 get 1 free. There is always a VAT free day as well.
Hope that helps x

I feel like it was covered but it obv can't be I will try again. So frustrating . Asp is £xxxxx a bottle but I seem to see a lot of the gel ink around and wonder have I made the wrong decision on the products I've chose. It's expensive and a few steps to it. What do you use x

As above please, we don’t post product trade prices on this website, for obvious reasons ;)

Sorry I just realised we're not allowed to put prices on here I do apologise :(

Hopefully it is a till mistake, seems like you were charged for 2 !!

Oops , I'm very sorry

Hopefully it is a till mistake, seems like you were charged for 2 !!
No I asked her are these that much for one she said yeah with your card tho they work out slightly less ...

It should say on the receipt how many you bought and what it cost, you know the correct price of one so take the receipt back to Sallys.

It should say on the receipt how many you bought and what it cost, you know the correct price of one so take the receipt back to Sallys.
Your going to shout at me but I put my husband's lunch in the bag for his work and the receipt was in it . I genuinely thought that was the cost of them until earlier when someone mentioned otherwise and I looked online ! I know the girl from going in and out tho so I will pay a visit and say what she says to me . Thanks for everyone's help x

Now I'm confused... the shop I go to is sallys ... I thought them and salon services had combined or am I wrong ?Just found the Sally website now and it is the original price I told yous it was ?

Salon services is the trade shop, so you need to register and provide a copy of your qualifications in order to get trade prices. Sallys is non trade prices. So yes it costs more at Sallys than at salon services.

Salon services is the trade shop, so you need to register and provide a copy of your qualifications in order to get trade prices. Sallys is non trade prices. So yes it costs more at Sallys than at salon services.
Even if I have the trade card for sallys ? Sorry for a million questions x

Even if I have the trade card for sallys ? Sorry for a million questions x
If you have the trade card they will only charge you trade prices at Sally's too, (but the prices on the shelves will show the full price).

I don't find ASP covers as nicely as INK London's iLac. (Is that the other brand you were referring to above?). I would choose INK over ASP every time! More choice of colours and better value too!

Latest posts

Back