Gel polish not staying-looking for recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apriltou10

Reaction score
I have tried Gellish polish, OPI gel color, CND, Gel2 & pretty much all the primers for each brand. I have problems with it i lifting off of my nails completely in 3-5 days and another client... Most other clients it stays on longer. I have checked to make sure that I am prepping the nail correctly, & applying correctly & I am. I am tired of spending money on different brands and it not staying on. Right now I am trying the OPI axxium- its doing ok so far other than the application taking much longer, sometimes the gel cracking after a few days, & soak off/buff off is very long. I don't mind spending money on a product that works any tips or info would be helpful.

I use Gelish and have no problems at all, except the clients that admit they have picked it off.
What kind of training have you had? It seems strange that you have problems with all of these brands. It could just come down to the fact that you might be doing on step wrong with your prep, like rinsing off the cuticle remover with soap.
Have you had your own nails done elsewhere with any other brand, and did they last longer?
Have you checked your lamp? This might be the problem.

Yes I've had my nails done a lot in nails salons and same thing happens. My light is probably 2 years old I have changed the bulbs .... I'm thinking it could be the light also. I was looking into getting the OPI LED light but now that I've bought the axxium it doesn't cure with LED... however i have read that OPI just came out with LED curing drops for axxium but I haven't heard any good or bad about it yet. I do use alcohol instead of the scrub fresh or Nas 99 ... could that be a problem?

Oh dear... Honey you really mustn't mix systems. You really MUST be trained to use each product & simply dabbling with a bit of this & that will lead you into no end of problems, (especially since you seem to have absolutely no idea what lamps you should be even using for each product) ...

Do yourself a favor & get some training, that way you will be fully equipped & will be saving yourself time & money! Nobody on this forum is going to be able to assist you any further otherwise :wink2:

It's probably your application, YouTube videos don't compare to actual training. You've probably spent more money on all the different systems than a good training session would cost and the training would probably have found the problem and dealt with it xx

NAS 99 (OPI) is 99% isopropyl alcohol and 1% of AN other (sorry forget this one) I use this without any issues. I doubt this would cause the problem with lifting However I agree the lamp should be specific to the system you use to ensure proper cure.

Are you removing all traces of cuticle, capping edges and if not dry prepping any cuticle product?

I agree with the others. When one is having problems across a variety of systems and brands, particularly good brands, it is likely that the problem is with the user. Pick one brand and stick with it, learning it inside and out, using all its elements. Once you have that system down, you can branch out. Also, change only one variable at a time; when you make a change, don't combine it with other changes, because you'll never be able to identify what caused the outcome.

Latest posts

Back