Gel polish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki Butcher

Reaction score
May sound like a stupid question but for removing gel polish, apart from buffing and soaking off with acetone, has anyone had any success with any other removal methods that is not damaging to the nail plate. I intend to use INK London iLac range but also stock vegan friendly options and wanted to use a non drying, non toxic remover for those clients with those kind of preferences. Thanks in advance for any advice.

You can buy those steamers. I haven't tried them but I've always been curious to know how well they work :)

You can buy those steamers. I haven't tried them but I've always been curious to know how well they work :)

You put acetone in them and it heats it up to create steam so not a solution for Nicki as she's trying to find a way other than acetone.

From a product chemistry point of view I'm fairly sure there is no other way than acetone based removers or buffing

You put acetone in them and it heats it up to create steam so not a solution for Nicki as she's trying to find a way other than acetone.

From a product chemistry point of view I'm fairly sure there is no other way than acetone based removers or buffing
Ah I see I misread that. Hmmm no I don't know any other way then :(

Ah I see I misread that. Hmmm no I don't know any other way then :(

Yeah I know, it took me a few weeks of googling to work out its acetone steam not water steam. I couldn't work out how steam could remove gel polish or they'd be slipping off in the bath/shower. Then i discovered you put about 10ml of acetone in the wells not water. Penny drop moment :p

Latest posts

Back