Gel polish training after NVQ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahs91

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So I am starting my NVQ L3 on 17.6.15 in nail services which covers most of what I need to set up my own mini business, however it doesn't seem to cover shellac/gel polish.

I've decided I want to use Ink Nails after seeing awesome reviews on here, but is my NVQ enough to just buy the kit and start using it, or is there a specific course I would need to attend?

Thanks
Sx

I assume you would need a mani pedi certificate to do gel nails. But id do a 1 day gel course with a certificate just to see how its done then go with whayever brand you like. If Ink require training for you to buy their products you may want to skip the above gel polish course and just do a course with Ink in gel polish

Most gel varnishes have their own quirky ways. I would try and find a system you like, then look into training with that system. A generic gel polish course may give you the insurance - if indeed it is required as not all insurance companies insist on it - but it won't give you the skills to work with that specific product.

I use Shellac and Gel ll and have trained in both. Not because I had problems with either, but to help me get the best out of two very different products.

Vic x

The Ink gel system seems to have brilliant reviews but doesnt seem to have any training courses. May have to look into a generic course then buy the system. Its a few months off as don't finish my NVQ until October! x

Hi Sarah, ink have videos on application on the site hun x

Latest posts

Back