Gel polish training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C Louise13

Reaction score
I’m due to attend Gel Polish Overlay training at the end of the month, to become qualified. Once qualified can I use any brand? Such as once qualified I want to use The Gel Bottle. Or do I have to do the training with each brand to be able to use them? Thanks

Gel polish is not an overlay, an overlay is a strengthening product such as Gel, acrylic or hybrid. Gel polish is a light cured polish. They are different products and require different training.

As for your question, check with your insurance company that they accept the training provider's qualification, not all providers are accepted.

Check with TGB that they accept the training providers certificate too.

Not all pro brands will accept all providers certificates. This is because there are lots of people offering substandard courses. They provide certificates of 'attendance' not 'qualification'. Attendance just means you attended, it doesn't necessarily mean you were competent on completion

Just checked and it’s called Gel Polish Course. It says the course is fully ABT accredited. If that’s any help? I’m only starting out so I want to make sure I’m not wasting my money

Just checked and it’s called Gel Polish Course. It says the course is fully ABT accredited. If that’s any help? I’m only starting out so I want to make sure I’m not wasting my money

We can't advise you about the validity, you'll read many posts on here about courses apparently ABT accredited but they are not, thats why I suggest talking to your insurance company about them specifically. Or contact ABT for confirmation.

I’m so glad you said to contact ABT! So the company is accredited however the woman giving the training isn’t listed as one of their trainers!

I’m so glad you said to contact ABT! So the company is accredited however the woman giving the training isn’t listed as one of their trainers!

Blimey! Good job you checked. We have to be so careful. It's possible the trainer is new to the company and not yet on the list so we won't jump to any conclusions. Well done for checking and not blindly going ahead anyway. There are hundreds of posts on here about substandard training, we need to invest our hard earned money wisely.

Hope you find a replacement course soon

Latest posts

Back