Gel Refill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winky

Reaction score
Hi,

When i began working with gels i was taught to remove all of the gel and reapply at each fill. I've since read about people doing it the same way as me and of others just thinning the nail a little and applying more product. Which is the correct method? If you do not file off the gel, won't you get service breakdown since the nails look fine but as i file closer to the nail i can see that the product is actually lifting. Also by not removing the product, won't i get fill lines showing in the nail?

Thanks,

Winky

Well naturally when you are preparing for a rebalance you have to remove any loose material, but once you have done that' there is no need to file off the rest ... not if you are using a quality gel that does not yellow etc. And if you are using one that does ... change it. A clients nails will be ruined with constant filing not to mention all that WORK.

If loose material is removed correctly (no nippers. clippers etc) you will not have any fill lines showing in your work.

See the geek's tutorial on rebalancing (could be fill). It is all explained there for you.

Thank you, I will try that and hope that i have no problems with the gel that i'm using. It is a LOT of work to remove all the gel every time. It takes me about 2 hours to do a fill and most of that is prep work!

Winky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back