gel removal whats your secret???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca boo

Reaction score
so heather did a thread about brisa gels and made a comment about how quick her removal is due to her filing techniques so im wondering what do you do for quick gel removal

im stuck still filing by hand until i get my efile so theres no quick tech. for me :irked:

I start with a 180 and file the bulk of the gel first....starting at zone 1....then as i get closer to the nail i use a 240 and reduce my pressure.

I never fully remove all the gel...i always leave a little on to grow out.

For rebalances....i use 180 again...start in zone 1 again...remove the white...thin the apex....swith to 240 and buff zone 3.....i only ever remove the same amount as i am going to replace with.....for ages i was taking too long cos i was removing more than i needed too.

HTH x

so heather did a thread about brisa gels and made a comment about how quick her removal is due to her filing techniques so im wondering what do you do for quick gel removal

im stuck still filing by hand until i get my efile so theres no quick tech. for me :irked:

I hand file and it doesnt take me long to remove a full set.

what do you do for quick gel removal
Use a brand new 180 grit abrasive, reducing to a 240, and ofcourse use a UV gel that doesn't take much filing to remove :wink2:

i think for me i just get bored with the filing undiaginsed A.D.D. i think ....

its just nice to see how we all do the same thing different ways i just thought it would be interesting

Mainly you just need to remember that if you apply product thinly, with the bulk of your product at your apex, you wont have much to FILE either ;)
Other than what has already been posted, a big key is using long strokes with a good amount of pressure in one direction. Try to avoid the "see-saw" filing we all have a tendency to do, as it can create friction, and also break the covalent bond between the enhancement and the nail plate.

A good trick to help you with your filing technique? Color an egg with a dark colored crayon, then file all of the crayon off by hand. Start with a boiled egg, then move up to a raw egg as you build confidence. It will teach you to not be as heavy handed, and exactly how fast you can go through a nail plate. :) It will also help with how your long file strokes should arc, as the nail plate is not flat much like an egg.
HTH! :)

A good trick to help you with your filing technique? Color an egg with a dark colored crayon, then file all of the crayon off by hand. Start with a boiled egg, then move up to a raw egg as you build confidence. It will teach you to not be as heavy handed, and exactly how fast you can go through a nail plate. :) It will also help with how your long file strokes should arc, as the nail plate is not flat much like an egg.
HTH! :)

oh i am so going to try this! thankyou heather! :)

How do you removed coloured gel - presume it would all have to be filed off as opposed to leaving some on the nail (which I do with clear/blush)?

Latest posts

Back