Gel Smile Lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question for those of you who remove the inhibition layer before applying your white gel - which brand of gel do you guys use?

Because I was taught, as someone earlier said, that gel will only stick to a sticky layer of gel or a to a buffed one... Does that apply to all gels?
I am just wondering, because I am converting to CND Brisa in a couple of weeks (yayy! :green:) and was wondering if I can actually wipe off the stickyness before applying the white paint. I too find that gel easily sort of leaks down because of the sticky layer (and I do freeze cure each nail at a time).

Any Brisa users opinions?

A question for those of you who remove the inhibition layer before applying your white gel - which brand of gel do you guys use?

Because I was taught, as someone earlier said, that gel will only stick to a sticky layer of gel or a to a buffed one... Does that apply to all gels?
I am just wondering, because I am converting to CND Brisa in a couple of weeks (yayy! :green:) and was wondering if I can actually wipe off the stickyness before applying the white paint. I too find that gel easily sort of leaks down because of the sticky layer (and I do freeze cure each nail at a time).

Any Brisa users opinions?
You'll be taught in your Brisa class not to remove the inhibition layer prior to applying the whites, unless you're buffing the gel beforehand with a 180 grit abrasive.
Don't worry, they'll show you how to do it all and the reasons why :green:

I am just wondering, because I am converting to CND Brisa in a couple of weeks (yayy! :green:) and was wondering if I can actually wipe off the stickyness before applying the white paint. ?

I wipe off the inhibition layer, buff and refine the nail, sanitize, paint on white, then finishing gloss. That works best for me. I read Bagpuss's tutorial on smile lines and I follow it to a tee, down to even purchasing the exact brush she recommended. I still follow it and never swipe my smile lines. The brush and angle you place the brush make it all work nicely. If I'm not happy with a smile line, I wipe it right off and start again rather than swiping. I'll see if I can find the tutorial.
Here it is: http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/18091-smiles-brisa-paint-white.html

Thank you sooo much CurlyQs for that link! :)
I thought I´d read pretty much every gel tutorial there was but still there´s obvs a lot more to read...
I will have to try that technique out, I´ll have a client coming for a rebalance and she´ll propably want another french. So now I have something new to try (instead of the endless correcting and wiping...)
And I am sure the Brisa Cut-the-cord will be fabulous, I just can´t seem to be able to wait for it... :green:

Latest posts

Back