gel tips/repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Reaction score
last year in dec i had an over lay of gel put on sonce then i have been doing my own nails every 2 weeks as they grow extremely fast had 4 that broke i put clear tips on them and made them the same lenght as the other nails but they dont look as natural like the other nails u can see the natural nail under neath as i dont have french and the 2 thums i put 3 little pink flowers on them as i found it hard to blend the tip and u could see the tip line no matter how much i tryed to blend and then my nails started to get a burning feeling i think i took off the kertain off the natural nail dont get me wrong they look good and i have had comments on them but i know where the faults are and im not happy i want to improve them ... i did have to buff the orginal gel off b4 i put the tips off as they was still gel left and advice suggestions opinons will be gratefully appreaciated so i can improve thanks all:biggrin:

why didnt you go back to the tech who did your nails in the first place as this is how problems start when you use different stuff on them of course they wont look the same i would go back to her and get them fixed properly

you can use natural tips with gel hun, they won't look 'natural' with clear tips on them as they are transparent. if you preblend the tips before applying them you don't have to do very much when the tip is on the nail, therefore reducing the chance of you catching your natural nail and over filing.
most of us have done that at some point or another :hug:

i have never overfiled....... the thin nail bed are usual..... honest lol

the reason i didnt go back to my nail tech as i spent alot of money on the course passed of course:biggrin: but i wanted to practise on my own nails its better advertising so i was told and she used the same as i do the brisa other wize i would of prop went back thanks for the advice:biggrin:

bell said:
the reason i didnt go back to my nail tech as i spent alot of money on the course passed of course:biggrin: but i wanted to practise on my own nails its better advertising so i was told and she used the same as i do the brisa other wize i would of prop went back thanks for the advice:biggrin:

sorry hun from your 1st post it wasnt clear that you had passed a course my appologies

Do remember that you do not have to buff the gel off completely before applying a new tip or a new set.
It is much less stressful to the natural nails to leave a very thin layer on the plate. If there is no lifting, then why bother to take it all off? You will only increase the chances of causing damage ... besides it's allot of unnecessary work.

Latest posts

Back