Gel Toes - How peculiar is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAILZTONES

Reaction score
This is so odd, I can't quite believe it's happened, I would appreciate any comments on what I should or should not have done please guys.

I used Brisa on a clients toes last Friday, I didn't do anything different to what I normally do, but she rang me yesterday and said that the gel on her 2nd toe had totally disappeared. On Friday I did a mini pedi for her, I then used scrubfresh, liquid bond, pink brisa, paint on white then UV finishing gloss. Her big toes had 7 diamontes on the white tip line (all of which are still on and in place) but her 2nd toe on one foot, she tells me doesn't even look like its been touched at all, she said there isn't even one coat of gel on it at all.....just how on earth could this have happened, any ideas? I'm seeing her Tues to fix her 2nd toe again. How disappointing it must have been for her, she was going out Sat night on a special date and had bought new shoes, I'd done her nails, her spray tan, her feet looked fab and her hairdresser then said on Sat morning how pretty her feet were and when she looked down, the gel on one nail had disappeared completely.......how very odd!!

Hayley

Hi there ,HAILZTONES

Sounds like you did a fantastic job regardless of the missing gel on toe.
This is the first appointment you've had with her so maybe that toe will be a problem one OR its just a one off.

A couple of things come to mind..
That particular toe may have had aggressive contact with the inside of her shoe?Rubbing - butting up against?
Or she has admired them alot, pushed cuticle's back? And found a lil place to pick at.
Last but not least. prep.
After a moisturizing treatment be sure to remove all product used from sidewalls[pull lateral folds down & give them a good ol scrubfresh] - underside of the nail plate.

Over Xmas I had the Brisa UV Finishing Gloss with Too Much Fun Gold Glitter Enamel painted on free edge as a french.Boy did this stuff have some staying power.

I'm sure you will work it out,& your client will have many more fancied up tootsie's.

PS. Be sure to have all product removed/washed from your hands also.
HtH
XX J XX

I think it's best to do your gel toes before the foot soak and pedicure. Gel needs to adhere to an absolutely dry area for it to bond properly.

Did you soak her feet? I've found that it works the same way as you would do with gels on fingers. If you soak the feet first the gel may (probably will) lift. The only option is to do the gels without a soak, I didn't want to do this due to stinky feet etc. but soaking them first will cause major probs. I've learnt to breathe through my mouth and use a good spray first. Strange as it's only one toe though? Could be shoes rubbing etc? hth x

Carmen said:
I think it's best to do your gel toes before the foot soak and pedicure. Gel needs to adhere to an absolutely dry area for it to bond properly.

Sorry posted same time x

Latest posts

Back