gel toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
hi I was wondering if you guys did a seperate course for gel toes. I have done my gel nails course. a lady asked me the other day if i would do her toes for her soon ready for the summer, I was wondering if I had to go on a gel toe nail course? I cant see how muh difference it is to do the toes from the nails so I thought I would ask you techs if you have to have a nail and toe certificate to do the toes.

hi I was wondering if you guys did a seperate course for gel toes. I have done my gel nails course. a lady asked me the other day if i would do her toes for her soon ready for the summer, I was wondering if I had to go on a gel toe nail course? I cant see how muh difference it is to do the toes from the nails so I thought I would ask you techs if you have to have a nail and toe certificate to do the toes.

Hi Hun,

It depends on what products you use. Does she mean extensions or just colour. I use a brand called perfect nails for all my gel toes and it is so simple, all i do is, push the cuticles back, take the shine off the nail, wipe with scrub fresh, apply my gel bonder, cure, apply my colour, cure, apply another coat if neded, cure, at this point if my client wants glittery toes i then brush on loose glitter and apply the clear uv gloss finish and cure. All done.

good luck.

I use dream soak off gels for fingers. I also have IBD soak off gels. I was just wondering if you had to have a seperate certificate to do toe nail enhancements. I already did a course on nail enhancements(hands) last year and never thought of doing toe enhancements untill the lady asked me if I did them, nobody has ever asked me before and I have never thought of doing them either. i do alot of pedicures and polish and never thought of putting gels on the toes. just wondered if you had to have a toe gel certificate?

Not yet I havent, CND do a Brisa Toes course which I am going to book myself on as soon as possible!!

I have never heard of a get toe or acrylic toe course hun, None of the techs i know have ever done a course in it, gel toes are a fantastic thing to offer for summer time, where i work the clients go mad for the delux pedicure and gel toes package!!!

If you find one let me know

Good luck

i havent done a seperate course, and i do loads of gel toes through out the year , but loads in the summer

the prinicipal is the same in my opinion, more prep is needed as there tends to be more growth of non living tissue on the toe nails
then apply in the usual way,
i dont ever add on any extra length, just apply the white on top of the nail and keep them short
the only time i sculpt a bit is if they have chipped a bit of nail off or cut them too short etc then i will add a bit on to bring them back into a nice shape before i start
hth

Hi

I did a seperate Brisa Toes course, with Creative.

There aren't as many layers to go on toes as there are fingers and no apex to create.

The application process isn't very different to fingers, a little shorter, but I figured that toes are different to fingers (obviously!) and I personally wouldn't attempt to apply any product to any surface I hadn't been trained to.

Hi

I am going on Tuesday to do Holywood Toe Course with NSI (Hillington)- will let you know what it entails after I have been.

Hi

I am going on Tuesday to do Holywood Toe Course with NSI (Hillington)- will let you know what it entails after I have been.

I was going to do this course but changed my mined after doning a few french toes, the application is the same as nails no differant, I done loads in the summer, after you have had a go at doing french gel on the toes you will see that its no differant than fingers. Good luck with your course on Tuesday nsi products are great.

Latest posts

Back