Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noonoo

Reaction score
Hi all, I keep watching gel nail tutorials on Youtube, and they al seem to be using thin pliable gel. The gel I have is thick and sticky.. what type to most people use? x

I just checked your profile and it says that you did a course with Magnetic.
I'm not familiar with that name.
Can you please tell me what the course covered?

I checked all your posts and I am sorry to see that your problem is not the products (I know magnetic) but a very bad class.

You are having many difficulties with both gel and l&p(acrylics) so I would go back to your tutor and tell him/her that you have all these problems.

Gel is stickey, and will make a mess if you are not trained properly, but having the right training (and lots of practice) you wil look like it is easy.

There are so much info on this site that can benifit you too, like Gigi's (aka geeg) tutorials on productcontrol, filing etc. It is all under articles and then choose tutorials...:hug:

Thanks, yes I am starting to think the same, but I just think if I call up they will say I haven't had enough practise, maybe I should put something in writing? I just feel like I have wasted a lot of money :( I feel like not bothering with it at all now.

My course covered manicure, pedicure, gel, arylic, fibreglass, sculpting and nail art.

Ness xx

I forgot to add, the course wasn't with Magnetic, it was with The Beauty Academy in Cambridge, I was going to take an NVQ but don't feel upto it x

Thanks, yes I am starting to think the same, but I just think if I call up they will say I haven't had enough practise, maybe I should put something in writing? I just feel like I have wasted a lot of money :( I feel like not bothering with it at all now.

My course covered manicure, pedicure, gel, arylic, fibreglass, sculpting and nail art.

Ness xx

It depends on how badly you want it really. If you truely want to be a good nail tech then you should contact your trainer and voice your concerns. You should also start saving for a decent course, but in the meantime get all you can from this one.

Doing nails is not easy no matter what training you have, it takes huge determination and plenty of practice as well as theoretical knowledge. If you are going to give up at the first stumbling block then maybe nails isn't the right thing for you anyway?

FWIW I think you should contact your trainer. There's no point second guessing her response, she may surprise you!

Latest posts

Back