Gelaze reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I normally use CND shellac and love it but wanted to trial a gel polish to see if there was much difference, so I ordered a few Gelaze colours. It was a bit awkward application wise, the consistency was pretty runny so would occasionally pool at the cuticle or sidewalls while I was doing the other fingers but I've been told its better if kept somewhere cool. I also found it shrunk back from the free edge very noticeably. The topcoat smells very strange to me, haha. The colour was lovely, it stayed on well and did not chip at all though. I did find removal was quite a bit longer than shellac removal.

Attachments

• IMG_20140605_190536.jpg
    IMG_20140605_190536.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_20140605_184804.jpg
    IMG_20140605_184804.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 415
Hi Yizuki, could you please tell me the name of this beautiful blue? Thanks!

I found the topcoat a bit stinky too but didn't have shrinking probs and found it went on lovely. I have shocking pink on my nails at the mo,did it last night. Will see how it lasts as nothing really lasts much longer than a week due to acetone and filing clients nails :)

Thank you char1112, I think I'll buy it this Friday.:)

Sent from my LG-P769 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just ordered 3 more colours,love it so far x

I really want to order just one colour for myself that was my favourite when I used to use the polish range.

Can I ask, those of you that are finding a less than good experience application wise, do you normally get a perfect application with your normal chosen gel polish range?

If you don't experience any issues with your regular range, but are having a job applying CG I may not bother with it.

I normally use CND shellac and love it but wanted to trial a gel polish to see if there was much difference, so I ordered a few Gelaze colours. It was a bit awkward application wise, the consistency was pretty runny so would occasionally pool at the cuticle or sidewalls while I was doing the other fingers but I've been told its better if kept somewhere cool. I also found it shrunk back from the free edge very noticeably. The topcoat smells very strange to me, haha. The colour was lovely, it stayed on well and did not chip at all though. I did find removal was quite a bit longer than shellac removal.

I found the exact same thing. It pools very quickly and shrinks back from your free edge. I also find I need to do three sometimes four applications to get the colour dark enough (in some colours). I have four colours now and have tried them all. I love their colours but find having to do so many layers a time waister and it's going to end up being costly. PS you do need a base coat. It just peels off otherwise.

Still loving them! Go on beautifully :)

I really want to order just one colour for myself that was my favourite when I used to use the polish range.

Can I ask, those of you that are finding a less than good experience application wise, do you normally get a perfect application with your normal chosen gel polish range?

If you don't experience any issues with your regular range, but are having a job applying CG I may not bother with it.

It's getting to a point where I'm starting to hate Gelaze. The application I have now got used to but no I never have any problems with my Gelish application. The removal is PAINFUL! I treated my mam to Flying Dragon manicure and as much as they lasted (apart from one of her fingers - we call it the dodgy nail because nothing lasts on it) I feel ashamed to say this but I had to buff them off. I buffed the top coat, soaked the cotton bud in acetone and wrapped tightly with foil, when I do this with gelish it's off within 10-15 minutes... 45 mins later and we were still sat there, I'd unwrapped, buffed, rewrapped, resoaked the cotton bud in acetone, applied heat EVERYTHING and there were still bits of purple clinging onto the nail for dear life!!

Loubou heels shrinks quicker than you can get one nail in the lamp.

Removal is easier when I use my gelish foundation but then why did they bother bringing out a base and colour all in one uv polish!?

Ok rant over, I'm sick of complaining about this product now xx

That's a shame,when I've removed it didn't even take 10mins and literally lifted and flaked off x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403945856.442026.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403945869.159763.jpg

Not clear pics but tried to picture how well it just lifted off

Last edited:
Also nails after removal x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403946913.577223.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403946925.044291.jpg

Maybe because you used the Gelaze remover? It's not available in the UK as far as I know (haven't checked on Gelaze products availability for a while because of the problems I've been having).

Has anyone had the same problems removing with acetone rather than the Gelaze remover?xx

Maybe because you used the Gelaze remover? It's not available in the UK as far as I know (haven't checked on Gelaze products availability for a while because of the problems I've been having).

Has anyone had the same problems removing with acetone rather than the Gelaze remover?xx

I got it in the uk from http://www.entitybeautyuk.com/default.asp
It's only acetone anyway x

I've used it for a few weeks now and staying power is defo better when you use a base coat stops it shrinking from free edge and removal is just as easy as any other gel polish 😃

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405102615.024727.jpghi all I just wanted to show an example of how Gelaze runs. The pop on the right is Shellac and the other two are Ruby Who and In the Lime Light from Gelaze. I also find that most of them need three layers some times four for good coverage.

I've used it lots now and not had any probs,don't use a base from another brand and don't find it any more difficult to remove than anything else.
If you do a thin first layer,then make the second thicker it coats fine and doesn't pool. I've got a client who's on her second lot of Gelàze and she has Shellac and Gellux to also choose from.
All good here :)

My friend just brought me this back from Florida so far I love it I'm wearing for Audrey at the moment and mums wearing ruby pumps ( I like to use new products on family first ) but I'm happy
With it I haven't really had problems with shrinking but mayb it's just certain colours as it can b with all brands .. So far I'm a fan anyways ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405868266.319449.jpgthese were the ones I got
For Audrey , frostbite and ruby pumps

I tried peachy keen, I found it shrunk back from the sidewalls or ran. And needed 3-4 coats for a good coverage. My client had chips after less than a weeks wear. I love the colours but won't be investing.

I'm going to look into this if they are at Olympia this year. I at least want one colour for myself, but it would be good to chat to them face to face on the stand if they are there.

Latest posts

Back