Gelcolor consistency

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjaysbeauty

Reaction score
Any one having trouble with strawberry margarita, & Pompeii purple, funny bunny, the colours are quite opaque on the colour pop, but when applied to the client it's very sheer looking, I applied 3 coats but very patchy & streaky.each nail is inconsistent, also I did French & just after 1day gone a yellowy colour, awful, I'm wearing Suzi says feng shui for the 2nd week having no probs wot so ever, no streaks no chips no peels,hopefully not wasted a lot of hard earned money, like I have on another brand. I've been using gelish for 2 years now & love it , would never give this up, but wanted to introduce gelcolor into my salon too. I haven't used all of the colours yet as I've only had it a couple of weeks,but to scared to offer now as unpredictable, hope someone can help.

I've used strawberry margarita and had no problems give the bottle a really good shake.

As to funny bunny going yellow this has been discussed on here manyntimes across all different products. It's something causing the colour to go yellow.

Ie. Cleaning products, suntan lotion which contains deet, hair dyes, or any amount of things.

Clients will swear blind they clean in gloves yep heard that many a time til they slip up and remember the one time they didn't and it can only take once.

I use Lumos has never gone yellow til the other day my sister in law is a cleaning freak and all her nails were yellow where she had taken off her gloves.

Haven't wasted your money OPI are world renown same as CND for their quality products. I also find if you haven't cleaned the nail plate really well and used bond aid properly then oil can still be present on then plate and make the gel look streaky.

Hope that helps any more problems if you haven't already try OPI training I'm sure they will be able to advise Hun xxxxx

Hi!
I've used Strawberry Margerita & Funny Bunny.
I don't have Pompeii Purple.
I done strawberry margerita before my training & found I had to use 3 coats & it looked very streaky. I now know I didn't shake the bottle enough!
I have funny bunny on my nails now and only used two coats. It has gone a slightly off whiteish colour a bit different from the original colour but it looks fine. I've heard 2 coats of top coat stops the discolouring but I haven't tried it x

Hi

You really have to shake the bottles a lot to get a good colour consistency, I think this is where your problem is. I am loving gelcolor as are lots of people so you haven't wasted your money.

xx

I have shaken the bottles as advised but then I find the gel polish drips down the neck of the brush when polishing and this makes it gloop onto the nail and run onto the sidewalls and it's a faff trying to remove it before curing.

I've never had this problem with Gelish.

Anyone else found this?

I have shaken the bottles as advised but then I find the gel polish drips down the neck of the brush when polishing and this makes it gloop onto the nail and run onto the sidewalls and it's a faff trying to remove it before curing.

Anyone else found this?

I understand what you are saying but then I just wipe down the stem of the brush to remove the excess.

I do find I like to do three layers of lady in black so it's a really deep colour.
But I love it xx

Hi all thanks for your replies, I didn't offer gelcolor today as I was a bit to scared, but will shake, shake shake, I really wanna get this right as I love the colours so far. Tans again.

If you get the client to choose the colour straight away then you can give it a good shake & by the time you finish doing your pep the colour will have come off the stem of the brush.

Anyone else found this?

As you remove the brush from the bottle u scrape the excess off the front, back and sides of the stalk. I have never had any dripping problems.

xx

Thank you for all your help. I'll try harder to remove the excess gel from the stem before polishing next time.

Happy Easter everyone!

Thank you for all your help. I'll try harder to remove the excess gel from the stem before polishing next time.

Happy Easter everyone!

Same to you Hun enjoy your Easter eggs xxx

Latest posts

Back